Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Meeting archive: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Category:Channel_Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Special Topics
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 User Advocacy
- 10 Roundtable
Attendees: lmandel, tracy, kairo, rrayborn, catlee, juanb, tyler, mschifer, lizzard
Aurora/Beta Feature Review (Thursday prior to GA Release)
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks after GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)
- 34 beta11 desktop/mobile gtb today
- Will include some bug fixes, new search UI (incomplete), Yandex search defaults
- Will not release Fennec beta11 unless there are fixes other than search provider changes
- 34.0 RC and 34.1 RC scheduled gtb Monday
- unclear which build we will want to push to beta channel
- need to wait for Yahoo! and Yandex codes
- Dec 1 release plans
- Want to release 34.0 in the morning ET to catch the en_US audience.
- Have more flexibility with 34.1 but earlier is better.
- Dec 2 release plans
- ESR to go live as normally planned. Any issues?
- Note that build days are contingent on getting codes and URLs from our partners.
- Should we move sign-off to Tue instead of Thu because of Thanksgiving? (Possible that we won't be done by then.)
- Reminder that the merge from m-c -> m-a and m-a -> m-b will take place on Fri, Nov 28
- Do we need to update the add-on compat blog post with details about the new search UI for en_US builds?
- bug 1093683 Yosemite crash when saving files - smichaud says that it is unlikely that we will get a fix. We should try to speak with Apple about this.
- Still high numbers due to GFX and e10s, work going on for top issues.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Numbers are down to decent levels.
- Woo-hoo! *Still* good numbers!
- And... numbers look good here as well!
- So far, it looks like MediaCodec in 34.0b10 does not crash excessively
- On 34 beta, bug 1049138 (VisitNextEdgeBetweenRect, GFX) remains the top issue.
- Aurora is coming back down to normal or near-normal levels after MediaCodec fix.
text only update today!
- updated talos on beta/aurora
- turned off developer edition prefs for talos only
- fixed android tests to actually run green
No specific alerts have shown up to indicate regressions!
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- New search UI bugs: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?o5=substring&v5=1101642&f5=blocked&list_id=11601685
- beta11 testing - new search UI, Yandex as default
We should first sign off (or test) the version that will be on the beta channel (whichever one that ends up being).
- (lmandel) I asked yesterday whether we can enabled updates at different percentages for different locales. I think the answer was no but didn't write it down so want to ask again. (sorry)
- (catlee) This should be possible. I'll need to investigate further to confirm.
- (catlee) 34.0/34.1 plan This is for Mon. Nov. 24.
- lmandel to create builds and RelEng to approve & start builds via Ship-It
- who to serve en-US updates to? Everyone
- when do we think we might want to update 34.0 to 34.1?
- Unclear at this point if and when we'll do this
- We're keeping an eye on the search provider change feedback
- Sentiment is trending more negative than our baseline in Input, feedback volume is elevated but not a flood (maybe 5-10% of total).
- [Social team] Sentiment is mostly neutral on social media, with some negative and positive.
- The vast majority of the negative sentiment was claiming that we're forcing Yahoo on people or removing Google as an option
- User Advocacy and the social team recommends emphasizing choice/customizability in search providers
- beta10 shipped with the MediaCodec backend for Android L only. Any feedback so far?
- We don't have tooling to look into OS version specific feedback, so we;re forced to rely on Device Type and/or explicit mentions of Android L. We sent out the following report based on *possible* Android L video feedback yesterday:
- There was not a statistically significant increase in the percent of our complaints that are video related for devices that could upgrade to Android L
- However some of our feedback does talk about video issues that may be Android L related
- Android L video Feedback lists: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/spreadsheets/d/1JrCtVSEzNP8I08wFN3HQ4MDHzIJ0Z4sS8qywXTBbUdk/edit#gid=0
- Marketing update on Firefox 34 - postponed