Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 = Mobile
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 User Advocacy
- 10 Roundtable
- 11 Special Topics
Sylvestre, lmandel, lizzard, kbrosnan, rail, catlee, kairo, tyler, cww
- 36.0 shipped on mobile
- 37.0b1 mobile is live
- we shipped with armv7 v11 & x86 (arm7 v9 don't have fx 37 yet)
- 38 aurora/dev edition updates are back
- We are going to make a 36.0.1
- Probably for both Desktop & Android as some bugs seem to affect both
- bug 1137469 - Loop exception - Patch landed
- bug 1136855 - print preferences - Patch landed
- bug 1132358 - Top crash - Patch landed
- bug 1137141 - Fx account + hello - Patch landed
- bug 1093983 - DNS change ANY - Patch landed
- bug 1137050 - Startup up Crash - Patch landed
- bug 1136300 - Hello + share buttons -Waiting for a patch
- bug 1136616 - Hostname with _ rejected - Patch reviewed, waiting to land
- bug 1137609 - Procedure entry point - Patch in m-i. Waiting for the uplift request
- bug 1136775 - Windows XP SP2 - Maybe a duplicate of 1093983. 1138070 may be related too
- bug 1137251 - Memory leak - Waiting for the uplift request
- bug 1137343 - Top crash - Not sure we will take it as the fix is not ready
- 37 Beta 2 scheduled to ship today
- Mobile: Kevin & Sylvestre will try to use the beta channel of the beta firefox to test v9 & v11
- 37 Beta 3 desktop
- EME will land after we ship Beta 2, will be disabled in Beta 3 but included ford for testing
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Overall rate is at 3.3 crashes/hADI (target: 1.5-2.0 range)
- bug 1124206 (nsCORSListenerProxy::OnStopRequest) is now the top crash on Dev Edition 38 with 11% of all crashes.
- Another instance of the AMD crasher appeared in the 03/01 build and is visible in current stats as "nsIFrame::StylePosition()"
- Overall rate: 3.8 (36 RC was at 1.4)
- On 37.0a1, bug 1120331 / bug 1133426 (IPC/GFX) is still 56% of all crashes, with some others that might be the same root issue (at least bug 1125848 and possibly bug 1122008, #2 and #3), it probably goes over 60% - that said, our test automation did hit this heavily in the 37 Aurora cycle and in b1 as well, but did not see it in b2, which has the fix. \o/
- bug 1137716 (mozilla::layers::CompositorD3D11::GetTextureFactoryIdentifier) is #4 with 0.9% and likely a driver issue with a specific range of gfx adapters.
- Signatures previously associated with bug 846239 are at ~1.5% but it might be a different 3rd-party DLL that causes those.
- Crash rate is up at 1.04 after 0.8-0.85 during the week in 35, mostly due to shutdownhangs, which sum up to 24% of all crashes in this release.
- Crash rate for 36 is ~ 2.0 up from 1.5 in 35
- more or less as expected
- Crash rate for 37 is ~3.0
- Some large fixes in 38 but not suitable for uplift
- Concerns about ADI count for nightly and maybe aurora
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Mobile is working on streamlined plans
- SoftVision will sign-off on release. kbrosnan will continue to review SoftVision reports as well as perform update testing.
- Tough luck for WinXP: Next to bug 1093983, bug 1136775, bug 1137609, we also have bug 1138794 (can't send crash reports on SP2) and bug 1138070, Unable to enable Japanese IME on Windows XP SP2
- OSX users on 37 are saying that the keyboard stops working and they need to restart Firefox to get it working
- cww to file a bug
- [catlee] any other reports for corrupted OSX dev edition? https://hacks.mozilla.org/2015/03/firefox-developer-edition-38-64-bits-and-more/comment-page-1/#comment-17156
- Nothing I could find. We don't get much dev edition feedback and users who have this problem probably can't access Input easily.
- [catlee] found bug 1138535 - just filed
- Mobile 37.0b2 uploaded Beta channel. No issue.
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- Moved to next week (Mar 10)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)