Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Performance (Thu)
- 6 QE
- 7 RelEng
- 8 User Advocacy
- 9 Special Topics
- 10 Roundtable
lmandel, sylvestre, lizzard, kglazko, tyler, hwine, aklotz, elan, jorge,, ritu, kairo, rolandtanglao, frios
- Desktop 39 beta 4 shipped on Wednesday
- a day late because of the build infrastructure outages
- Still waiting for mobile beta 4 signoff, should be soon.
- I think we should ship mobile beta 5, to turn off async stacks. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1158133
- 39 Beta 6 will go to build next Monday.
- No updates.
- Kairo is on PTO next week so we will likely have smaller stability updates
- Marc Schiffer is covering for update testing and dmajor for stability
Aurora / Dev edition
Overall rate: 3.1 (target: <1.5)
- Pretty unchanged to Tuesday.
Overall rate: 1.9; plugin crashes/hangs: 0.11/0.40 (target: <1.4, 0.8/0.12)
- In early 39.0b4 data, we see our famous AMD crash (bug 772330) again, 3.8% of all crashes, this time as js::LifoAlloc::getOrCreateChunk (and dmajor's patch doesn't help in that location).
- bug 1159751 (new gfx shutdown hang) is 2.6%
- bug 1170141 (real player, startup) is still visible in stats, despite blocklist (still outstanding: 1172560)
- bug 1170143 (Intel gfx, a lot on startup) is not gone but down to 0.9%
- bug 1146313 seems to be fixed by the gfx patches that landed!
- async plugin init is probably not ready to be shipped, see still high hang rate
Overall rate: 1.25
- No news.
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- problems were double filer failure, causing some db corruption
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
- Most windows 10 fixes are aimed at 40: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=1077146&hide_resolved=1
- Suggested tiles moved into this release
- Performance tools
- status report on NSS 3.19.1
Logjam. Response, update NSS. this broke some other things (also for chrome and redhat) the NSS team is working to fix that. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1172128
- RC4. It should remain in the state it was in in 38. But is it? Not sure. Working with rbarnes to ensure that.
- turning off async plugin init. Will be turned off in beta 5 or 6. Status report (aklotz)
- url sharing in hello is still on track for release.
- async stacks turned off in beta/release. Coming in beta 5.
- supporting hotfixes with new addon signing requirements. Still needs verification. bug 1151537
- soft launch of windows 64 builds. (Done)