Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
lizzard, kate, jorge, gregg, kairo, lmandel, elan, ritu, rrayborn, gregg, fabio, alex, rolandtanglao, bhearsum
- 39 release was blocked on desktop startup crash and (for mobile) several partner issues
- We may have resolved the startup crash. crash data from 39.0 build 6 on beta
- we got a copy of the adware with work from UA and aklotz
- from conversation with dmajor and kairo we are now OK to release
- We will release 39 today. Then, 40.0b1 and ESRs.
- We will need to do a 39.1 release next week for mobile for bug 1177723 and bug 1179074.
- bug 1177214 - block vulnerable Flash versions. Pushed live, no big problems reported so far.
- bug 1081644 - block vulnerable Real Player versions. Will probably stage this week.
- Overall rate: 2.2 (browser: 1.2/ content: 1.0)
- Waiting for getting 41 onto Dev Edition to see data from that.
- Overall rate: 1.3
- Waiting for getting 40 onto beta.
- No counter-indications to being able to ship build6 as 39 release. Looks like of the few reports so far, almost all are 1 crash per installation only, and
- It looks like even affected builds are crashing less with this.
- Submitted the randomly-named DLLs from the malware sample we obtained via the process in https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-report-malware-or-false-positives-multiple-antivirus-vendors.htm - hopefully that will turn some green checks to red content in https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/44890ce30a918f19f38784b7155afabbc401227bfe51348c82b73c0c7140913e/analysis/1435855744/ and https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b6993536893741714e74980d263648be9e41212869c34ccba6d09f0af4b0c8f8/analysis/
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Sent out an example DLL from a user with the start-up crash issue
- Kairo sent along to an anti-virus database
- We can follow up with these users on the fix if needed
- We are working on a post-mortem to make this process faster in the future