Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
lizzard, ritu, sylvestre, kairo, sylvestre, fjlund, philipp,elan, RyanVM
- We could wait to turn on updates till we are ready to release 43.0.1. Then turn on updates to 43.0 for Mac + Linux and to 43.0.1 for Win.
- 43.0.1 built and tested Wed. night, to release if all goes well by Friday; Windows- only update though we do all builds
- 43.0.2 will be for all platforms, as early as possible next week, includes an extra sec updates
- Fennec 44.0b1 signed off and ready to be pushed to play store.
- Desktop build2 submitted, can we push this to beta channel without SV signoffs? Can somebody help with update tests?
- KaiRo and Sylvestre to do the update testing and push tomorrow european morning
- Release notes to be live right after I push 44.0b1 on play store.
Overall rate: 1.7; browser: 1.2, content: 0.5 (44 data, yellow, improved from previously)
- waiting for 45 Dev Edition updates to be turned on.
Overall rate: 1.0 (mostly 43, green \o/)
- waiting for 44 beta 1
Overall rate: 0.9
- mozilla::CondVar::Wait shutdownhang (bug 1215970, Skype Click-to-Play?) is 3.2% of early 43.0 data.
- igd10umd32.dll@0x18f35 (Intel driver crash, multiple bugs on file, need to find what this is atm) is 1.3%
- bug 1226941 (net::CacheFileIOManager::Write) is 1.2%
- newish on 43: Bug 1233237 crash with Nvidia's Network Access Manager (spread among multiple signatures)
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Expected] We're receiving decent feedback volume about addon signing (approximately 25% of 43 feedback)
- The plurality appears to be side-loaded LastPass but obviously this is a large set. LastPass is working with users to get them on a signed version.
- [Minor] A small number of users have commented about our UI changes to the navigation/search boxes, namely that "oneoffbuttons" is now ignored robert can you file a bug? classic theme restore addon works
- Update on SHA-1 support:
- Patch 1 landed on all versions: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1079858#c167
- Testing details: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/sha1-testing-firstpatch
- SHA2 ZOMG planning: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wuicb19-l0ePXN8ieSAb3VKDTtlniFRXFKlRTs1XyXA/edit
- We see that users freshly downloading 43.0 see a warning or UAC prompt.
- Downloading 43.0.1, I think we're supposed to NOT see a prompt. is this correct? (Not sure if tested yet)
- Updating from 43.0 to 43.0.1 is silent to the user and shows no warnings. Good!
- Ridealongs proposed for 43.0.2.
- Core:DOM issue, affects slack.com https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1229760
- No user reports of this on slack.... probably wonfixing (sad)
- Bug 1232995 - Geolocation broken on Fx43
- This sounds Really Bad, should we consider a 43.0.x ride-along?
- New version of the release notes:
- Should we consider doing only 1 beta (for both Desktop and Android) during week of Dec 21st and Dec 28th?
- If fewer code uplifts are expected, then doing fewer Betas is more efficient