Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
lmandel, jlund, blassey, jst, dougt, elan, kbrosnan, lizzard, milan, philipp, ritu, rrayborn, sylvestre, ryanvm, rolandtanglao
- 43.0.4 build 1 signed off, but we have to do a build 2
- driver for build2: SHA-1 (https) deprecation issue https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1236975 - patch ready, not r+d yet
- we will back out philipp's patch for the gdata crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1235537 and expect the crash fix to still work (we can reproduce the crash, so we can test for this)
- 44.0b6 done!
- b7 gtb Thursday
- maybe android too, let's do it!
- What if we just wait till mid-February to ship 44 ? (So that we have more time to judge the quality of 44)
- We could wait to ship 44 mobile, or throttle it on the play store.
- Previous meeting notes https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2015-12-29
- "Overall rate: 1.0 - green (slightly better than last week)"
- No useful crash rates right now due to bug 1236943 - crash-stats has about 30% low crash counts, the Socorro team is investigating but couldn't pinpoint the issue yet.
- bug 1212133 (a11y::DocAccessible::RemoveDependentIDsFor) is 2.6% of 44.0b4 data
- bug 1158189 (HTTP shutdown hang) is 2.1%, bug 1152046 which was supposed to fix this has not seen any comments since the end of October.
- bug 1233481 (js::AutoEnterOOMUnsafeRegion::crash) is 2%
- bug 1235537 (GData crash) is down to slightly under 6% of yesterday's 43.0.3 data and confirmed to not happen in 43.0.4 candidates.
- we did not take snorp's oom change on b6
- strongly considering a b7
- concerns about the ablity to get reliable data
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Push team wants to ship Android support in 46, no test plan / patches landed currently
Aurora / Dev Edition
Yahoo pushed a new version of their toolbar which fixed the signing issue. This addresses the biggest issue in feedback for 43 As with previous years, minor feedback spike due to donation promotion. Nothing very addressible
- e10s tests were enabled on moz-beta (44). Is that needed?
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)