Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
philipp, kairo, jorge, jlund, ritu, winston, lizzard, Pike, brad, fabio, hal, ryanvm, sylvestre, mihai, lmandel, rail
- 43.0.4 (build3) released yesterday Jan 6.
- SHA-1 TLS signing re-enabled. Great post about it here: https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2016/01/06/man-in-the-middle-interfering-with-increased-security/
- All 43 users should be updating to 43.0.4.
- youtube hotfix (reversing our temporary user agent hack)
- Waiting for a confirmation that Youtube is now OK
- Hotfix on staging, waiting for verification
- Turn safebrowsing back on https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1237103 Accidentally turned off for 43. Test coverage will be (re)added for this.
- hotfix ready
- waiting for signature before going on staging
- after that, need a verification before going live
- Only approving limited # of uplifts - fixes for critical regression, sec issue, stability
- Most uplifts will be denied as we are "sort of" entering RC mode
- gtb Beta7 today (desktop + mobile)
- l10n goodies in 44 as drivers:
- https for Baidu in China, qxl (shopping) fix for Norway. Few corrections to errors in top locales like German/French/Italian
- Bug 1235435 - New Flash plugin blocks will be pushed to production today.
- still no (accurate) crash rates due to bug 1236943, but the issue has been found and solved for new data coming in. Previous data back to Jan 1 will be reprocessed and then we'll have good data even for those days.
- ipc:FatalError crashes and bug 1232229 (or bug 1011075) are leading stats: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/search/?product=Firefox&version=45.0a2&process_type=browser&process_type=content&_facets=signature#facet-signature
- bug 1158189 (HTTP shutdownhang) is 3.2% of 44.0b6 data, making it the #2 crash after OOM|small.
- bug 1212133 (a11y::DocAccessible::RemoveDependentIDsFor) is 2.2% - Fix will be in 44.0b7
- bug 1233481 (js::AutoEnterOOMUnsafeRegion::crash) is 2.1%
- No sign of the GData crash in 43.0.4.
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Tues. Jan. 12 - 8:30amPST we will discuss SHA-1 postmortem Tues. Jan 12 - 10:30am PST after the channel meeting we will continue discussion of the rest of 43 and come up with more action items. https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/43-0-Post-Mortem
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)