From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
« previous week | index | next week »

Channel Meeting Details

Video/Teleconference Details - NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
  • Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.


liz, sylvestre, ryanvm, kmoir, kairo, kevinb, brad, lmandel, elan, dveditz, ritu

Previous Actions

Schedule Update

  • 45.0.1 (release & ESR)
    • bug 1255731 (security issues, no exploit for now)
      • Approved
    • Bug 1255139 - iNotes not working after upgrade to release 45.0
      • Landed
    • Bug 1254694 - Search engines: keywords and order gone after upgrading from 44.0.2 to 45.0 with language pack active
      • Landed
    • Bug 1249572 - XSLTProcessor.importStylesheet fails when <import> is used
      • Landed
    • Bug 1220502 - Firefox hang/delay when opening a page, due to large list element
      • Landed
    • Bug 1254856 - Some websites (,, can't finish loading with "Accept third-party cookies: Never" checked
      • Approved
    • Bug 1255605 - Search bar broken on upgrade from 44 to 45.
      • Approved
    • Bug 1255245 - ESR45 generates mar files with the wrong channel ID
      • Landed
  • ESR 38.7.1
    • Bug 1255731 - disable graphite2 by default on release-channel builds
    • Bug 1256194 - ESR38.7.0 breaks session restore of about:preferences tab
  • 46 beta 2 (liz)
    • Test issues with mozharness and then with mac reftests meant tree was not in a state where we could build till late in the day Monday
    • Hoping to gtb Monday evening with releng's help
    • State of locales other than en-US (which didn't have a beta 1 )
    • (syl) SV super busy, should we skip beta 2?
    • (liz) Maybe skip beta 3, and plan to verify and ship beta 2 on Thursday. Then, with build promotion in place I can ask SV to test whatever our latest good build was (promoting a new changeset tomorrow for example, to get in more fixes)




  • Overall rate: 1.8 - browser: 1.0, content: 0.8 - yellow


  • Overall rate: 1.2 - yellow
  • shutdown aborts are 4.4% of 46.0b1 data, about 60% bug 1255745 (experiments) and bug 1250424 (sanitize, should be fixed in b2 by bug 1253204)
  • media destruction crashes of bug 1256065 and bug 1256064 are 6.3%
  • bug 1245386 (wasapi_stream_start) is 2.1%


  • Overall rate: 1.1 - yellow
  • Trusteer Rapport crashes bug 1255026 and bug 1254527 still dominate the stats
    • 9 of the top 15 Top Crash Score signatures, almost 20% of all 45.0 crashes so far
    • Upstream: " We rolled out a fix on March 8th (as communicated below). The fix was rolled out to most of our customers,but due to special configuration support we provide to (few of) our large customers, unfortunately, they were left without this fix (millions of users). We have rolled out the fix to those customers today, and you should see improvement in the next few hours."
  • Flash game crashes (bug 1252152) spiked even higher last weekend than the previous two


  • Release data is very good once we unthrottled ~1.6
  • Android beta channel is spiking (but less than in previous cycles), possibly OOM (if increase in ElfLoader::~ElfLoader counts into that bucket as well)
    • yes the dynamic tile size is back on (47/48 might be a better target for the work) will discuss with the dev team

Performance (Thu)

Aurora / Dev Edition





Aurora / Dev Edition


  • Update tests on mozmill were broken (bug 1255566) due to removing of non-standard JS feature in46, we switched to Marionette in a hurry (thanks whimboo), and then discovered that some locales failed for 46.0b1
  • Those locale failures were only the tip of the iceberg, as many locales had breakages in various places due to L10n-merge not working (bug 1255811, our L10n process takes for granted that this works, that way we can use "incomplete" localizations just fine)
  • Kairo to work with SV to ensure they know how to use the new update test system
    • Some discussion about whether we should do something like set a watershed for really old instances to update with a known good path vs leaving them in an untesting state.

Action items


  • had some delay with getting Aurora signoff
    • I did try to ping SV folks Friday 9 am PST but got no response.
  • WebGL disabled on some devices




User Advocacy


Special Topics

Aurora/Beta Feature Review

Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)

Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)