Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
lizzard, Axel, kmoir, philipp, flod, jst, ritu, calixte, bsmedberg, KaiRo, sylvestre,elan, blassey
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Performance (Thu)
- 6 QE
- 7 Performance
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
- Best to push the schedule back for 46. beta->release merge, Apr 18 Merge: Apr 25 Release: Apr 26
- We missed nearly 3 betas (with beta 1 only being for en-US). Beta 3, beta 6 skipped, beta 7 late (released yesterday)
- Firefox 47 still planned to release on June 7.
- The schedule allowed for a 7 week cycle between 46 and 47 release. Changing that to 6 weeks for 47.
- This helps l10n as well for 46 (delayed by the infrastructure issues last week)
- more time to iron out any issues with build promotion
- more time to land crash fixes and react to beta 7/8 changes
- Better crash data with e10s disabled (experiment cut-off didn't land till beta 8)
- If we delay 46, we will do a 45.0.2 (probably tomorrow)
- Discussed about cancelling it because only 2 weeks away from the release but as we are delaying 46 ...
- A top crash
- Some web compat issues
- No single drivers but all combined...
Bug 1254980 - Copy-pasting selected HTML from Firefox to a new Thunderbird message (using TB 38) or to BlueGriffon is broken as of Firefox 45
Bug 1257861 - Firefox 45 fails to send Cookie header with XHR post requests done from a web worker when third-party cookies are blocked
Bug 1260961 - Legitimate CORS requests are blocked by Firefox 45.0.1
Bug 1258562 - Crash in dom::MediaSource::Duration - top crash
Bug 1256442 - Ship 1.1.x of the Loop system add-on to the release population
Bug 1258650 - Yahoo finance chart comparison "overlays" not displayed properly because of bad interaction with scaled clip and mask combo
Bug 1259482 - Product image not changing upon selection in Woocommerce/Wordpress
Overall rate: 2.5 - browser: 1.0, content: 1.5 - red
- signatures of bug 1259699 are the top 3, fix uplifted yesterday
Overall rate: 1.3 - browser: 1.1, content: 0.2 - red. Not worse than beta 5, anyway (these numbers are still mostly about b5 and earlier)
- Looks like e10s is still on for a significant amount of people, is there still an ongoing experiment? Yes, it turns off in beta 8
- bug 1246108 (wasapi_stream_start) is fixed in b7
- AsyncShutdown crashes are 1.9% of early b7 data
- bug 1189715 (gfxContext::gfxContext, #6 top crash in b7, 1.4%) still happening in beta 8 although we though we had a fix in bug 1259810
Overall rate: 1.0 - yellow
- Trusteer crash bug 1255026 definitely decreasing on Windows, but the OS X signature continues to be high #16 or so on release? How bad is bad?
- Flash game crash bug 1252152 has decreased noticeably last week
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 1262149 - Firefox users with OS X 10.11 and QuickTime 7.7.3 cannot playback video content requiring this video player and are prompted to use Safari instead. (all branches - not just beta)
- I noticed with OS X 10.11, each time I restart (or maybe reboot) I am prompted to make Safari my default browser now (or later) There is no option to say "never ask me again".
inquiry from sumo: will we go ahead with the plan to deprecate support for os x 10.6-10.8 and migrate those users to esr 45.1.0 instead of 46? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1255589
Followup on thread about stub install alerting: who is the first line on-call for release issues?
- liz to ask catlee and lawrence about this. relman, or releng?
Tracked bugs with no owners! Let's triage on Tuesday since these can potentially block release.
- Beta: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?o5=equals&f1=cf_tracking_firefox46&o3=equals&list_id=12936993&v3=affected&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_status%2Cresolution%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate%2Ccf_tracking_firefox46%2Ccf_tracking_firefox45%2Ccf_tracking_firefox_esr38%2Ccf_tracking_firefox_relnote%2Cop_sys%2Cpriority%2Ctarget_milestone%2Cstatus_whiteboard%2Cbug_severity&o1=equals&j2=OR&emailtype1=substring&query_based_on=tracking_firefox46%2B&v5=%3F&emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&f3=cf_status_firefox46&f2=OP&f5=cf_status_firefox46&email1=nobody%40mozilla.org&v1=%2B&known_name=tracking_firefox46%2B
Tracked bugs with no owners, for Thursday triage.
- Aurora: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?o5=equals&f1=cf_tracking_firefox47&o3=equals&list_id=12936993&v3=affected&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_status%2Cresolution%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate%2Ccf_tracking_firefox46%2Ccf_tracking_firefox45%2Ccf_tracking_firefox_esr38%2Ccf_tracking_firefox_relnote%2Cop_sys%2Cpriority%2Ctarget_milestone%2Cstatus_whiteboard%2Cbug_severity&o1=equals&j2=OR&emailtype1=substring&query_based_on=tracking_firefox46%2B&v5=%3F&emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&f3=cf_status_firefox46&f2=OP&f5=cf_status_firefox46&email1=nobody%40mozilla.org&v1=%2B&known_name=tracking_firefox46%2B