Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
lizzard, Andrew, lmandel, marcia, cornel, calixte, chrisian, francesco, ioana, iulia, mboldan, mihai, philipp, ryanvm, sorina, teodora, andi, avaughn, blassey, AlexSimonca, Bogdan, callek
- 48.0b6 desktop and mobile build are done thanks to gerry and ritu
- planned to ship them both on Friday morning
- 48 beta 7 desktop gtb Monday, ship Tuesday
- 48 beta 8 desktop and mobile build next Thursday
- Beta 9 & 10 the week after, then the RC build.
- Funnelcake for 47.0.1 planned to ship july 12.
(Not really add-on related, but there there is a bug (https://github.com/mozilla/addons-server/issues/3054 ) open to allow us to create gfx blocks on AMO for specific min/max versions.) More detail for the record - we can block gfx or specific OS versions currently, but not for specific Firefox versions - this change will add that.
Browser crash rate: 1.20 (orange), content: 0.11
- necko crash with https proxies https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1283823 is making up 4.4% of all crashes
- has a patch pending approval for beta/aurora/esr
- for other high impact crashes see tuesday's meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2016-07-05#Beta
Overall rate: 0.93 (green)
- comodo are saying they are aiming for monday to release an update to fix the guard32/guard64.dll crashes https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1274630 (0.9% of crashes on release)
- [marcia] Crash rate is artificially high due to a patch in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1262852 which accidentally generated every 5 seconds after the original plugin hang and until the user terminated the plugin process (or it got unstuck on its own). Gabriele landed a fix in for this issue in bug 1284030 so it should be in the next nightly build.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1229252 - ESET devs say a new fix has been released - it is possible that may fix the crashes. 9.0.383.x or above is the DLL. If that doesn't address the crashes, then we will still have to work to get a user to agree to submit his crash data to them.
Release Health report
Release http://mozilla.github.io/releasehealth/?channel=release Blocking: 0 New regressions: 7 Carryover regressions: 11 Beta http://mozilla.github.io/releasehealth/?channel=beta Blocking: 2 New regressions: 40 - Carryover regressions: 81 - Aurora http://mozilla.github.io/releasehealth/?channel=aurora Blocking: 1 New regressions: 25 + Carryover regressions: 118 + Nightly: 0, 77new, 66 carryover
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [desktop] [Bogdan] We finished signing off Hello version 1.4.2 on Firefox 47.0.1 with only one issue found which is not considered a blocker.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [desktop] [Bogdan] Elevated updates feature - almost done with testing, there are still some old issues that are not fixed yet (one critical, one major and other), devs are aware of them. Will finish testing tomorrow and send a signoff email for mid-Aurora.
- [desktop] [Camelia] The Text to Speech feature was successfully signed off for mid-Aurora
- [desktop] [Camelia] The Speak the Article (TTS in Reader Mode) feature was conditionally signed off for mid-Aurora due to bug 1270110.
- [desktop] [Cornel] 48.0b5-build1 signed off, no blockers identified.
- [desktop] [Cornel] 48.0b6-build1 will be signed-off tomorrow since we got the builds late today.
- [desktop] [Julia] Windows Child Mode will be enabled starting with Firefox 50 - see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1282871 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1278582#c4
- Fennec 48 Beta 6 is just out - we are working on it - most probably we will be ready to sign off in the morning.
- the Qwant search engines bug made it now in the beta