Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
callek, catlee, rail, mihai, bhearsum, philipp, marcia, elan, kbrosnan, ritu, lizzard, andy, marco, mtabara, RyanVM
* Released desktop (RC4) Firefox 49.0 to users (25% update rate) * Released mobile (RC3) Firefox 49.0 to users (throttling on google play did not work, though; it's at 100%) * about to release ESR 45.4.0 * \o/ Silly hat of the release day: Unicorn horn + tiara necklace + cat wearing bow tie
- We are still fixing build bustages, hoping to gtb 50.b1 today afternoon
49 e10s add-ons cohort
50 e10s bigger add-ons cohort
Patch incoming for that might be a candidate for triggering a point release
slightly less important now that the pinning is occurring
New flash block incoming end of this week or start of next: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1302525
- Top crash in Aurora is a Flash crash - http://bit.ly/2d1rghh, but it appears it is only 25 installations
overall rate 1.0 (browser 0.87, content 0.13)
overall rate 0.92 (browser 0.77, content 0.15)
- e10s crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1294719 is spiking in the last couple of days (8.5% of all content crashes on 48.0.2)
- mainly russian users seem to be affected (this is 50% of all content crashes if you just look at "ru" locale builds) and comments seem to suggest it's related to a particular webmail site - mail.ru?
- spike in french users with trusteer crashing over the weekend https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1303531
- seems to have been successfully addressed by trusteer
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1291084 continues to be the top crash on Nightly
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1303526 - New accessibility crash.
- Didn't see any new crashes to call out for this meeting
Aurora / Dev Edition
- e10s hang on tab switch ? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1300411
- [Andrei] We'll start planning a testing session for this.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [desktop] [Andrei] Firefox 50 pre-Beta sign offs almost completed.
- [desktop] [Iulia] Windows Child Mode - Pre-Beta Sign off - Green. Apart from a few issues that are not related to this feature, there were no new issues uncovered during testing, just a few already known, low-impact bugs.
- [desktop] [Andrei] Firefox 49 has been spot-checked on macOS 10.12, to gain more confidence before the OS is released on Sep 20.
- Fennec 49 RC build 2 signed off.
- Some features got postpone but we are on track now on wiki and AHA
- XP and Vista users get SHA1 signed 49.0 repacks instead of 43.0.1 now \o/ \o/
- [marcia] Read only FYI: MacOS Sierra shipped today