Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
philipp, marcia, marco, ritu, rail, ryanvm, rail, Andrei, Ninu, Ioana, lizzard
- Still in RC mode
- Go-live planned for Nov 15th
- Will send release notes for review later today
(not attending) Regular Flash block incoming https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1316179 - probably live around Nov 15th,
Overall crash rate: 5.21 (browser 1.26, content 3.95) [marcia]
- Top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1315233#c21 has been addressed but needs rebasing for Aurora
Overall crash rate: 0.98 (browser 0.81, content 0.17) telemetry from sunday (m+c-s): 3.13 crashes/kuh (was 3.79 at the end of the 49b cycle)
- js crashes with "AMD family 20" cpu models on rc2 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1316022 (1.8% of browser crashes on rc2)
- do he have data of how common this cpu is on release compared to beta users? - Follow up item before we release
- crash on shutdown PL_HashTableDestroy | SECOID_Shutdown https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=721710 (0.7% of browser crashes on rc2)
- rust OOM crash ZN5alloc3oom3oom17h7d76e900cfacf1cfE https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1311868 (0.6% of browser crashes on rc2)
- has a patch - candidate for 50.1?
- crash in memcpy | NS_CopySegmentToBuffer regressing since 49 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1294533 (0.4% of browser crashes on rc2)
- has a dupe where a user has provided STR - we should follow up on this
- Fennec: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1286307 has risen to the top of B12 crashes so far.
Overall crash rate: 0.99 (browser 0.80, content 0.19)
- Overall picture from Telemetry data: https://chutten.github.io/telemetry_crashes/
- A few new Windows bugs filed: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2016Q4#2016-11-09_-_ting
- Ting filed new trunk crash: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1316271
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Testing started on several late-received features: NPAPI plug-in removal (1269807), Skia content for Windows (1186552), Sys add-on permission prompt (1297475).
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Pre-Beta feature sign offs are underway.
- WebGL 2 (1232864) considered at risk because of https://bugzil.la/1316533,1316569,1316319,1316310,1316294.
- Fennec 50 RC is signed out without major issues.
- [Ninu]: Play HLS in Android view - under switchboard experiment in Fennec 50 RC, no changes from the last meeting
- [Ninu]: Combine Recent Tabs into History tab - correctly implemented in Fennec 50 RC
- [Presentation API] - Mihai managed to flash the Nexus Play
- with schien's latest build, testing results have improved: crashes fixed
- we've decided to go forward with this and push it in to Nightly 53
- since the feature can be preffed OFF when is necessary
- only concern bug 1313368, but less occurrence of this behavior on latest schien's build
- (rail) Heads up: What's New Page in 50. How would SV like to test it (as a part of usual tests or manually)?
- (Andrei) It would be best to test this with the whatsnew page. Feel free to reach out to us when that's ready for testing.
- (rail) Nov 14-18: Releng work week in Paris. Should we release 50.0 earlier in the day than usually?
- Will check with Sylvestre if that is a good idea or not.
- (rail) Should we create 50.0.x/50.1.x branches on Nov 15 (release date) or wait until we confirm we need 50.0.1?
- There's a bunch of fixes that are already ready to land for 50.1.0. Without a relbranch how do we manage that?
- 50.1.0 patches are landing on default. We can create a relbranch for 50.0.1 when/if it's needed
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)