Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
lizzard, ritu, mbest, jst, Josh, brad, dveditz, milan
- Desktop is live, updates at 25%, will go to 100% after 48 hrs
- Fennec to be uploaded to GP soon, staged rollout at 10%, will go to 100% after 48 hrs
- 45.6.0esr is nearly ready (update testing in progress)
- Beta 51 schedule
- No beta builds last week of December
- 2 builds (as usual) first week of January (Liz will cover these as gerry will be on pto)
overall rate: 8.96 (browser 1.48, content 7.48)
overall rate: 0.99 (browser 0.78, content 0.21)
overall rate 1.00 (browser 0.76, content 0.24) [marcia]
- Top Mac crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1320048 is under investigation. Not sure if it is hardware related but comments consistently mention the newly released MacBook Pro. This crash affects all versions of Firefox and Thunderbird.
- New crashes:
- Lots of JIT related crashes - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322900. Believed to be regressions from 1310155? Should this be backed out?
- Some VR crashes: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1323088. Assigned.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1323088 - new crash
- uptime bugs: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2016Q4#2016-12-07_-_kanru
- Project Uptime Bugs:
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Crash rate rising, how are things progressing on getting that trend to change? Increase since 50 shipped.
- Fennec crash rates is still within acceptable range but showing an upward trend.
- it is mostly from this Baidu crash
- What can be done to separate crash rates from the generic Fennec build vs MozOnline build?
- Ritu to follow up with Mike Connor
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)