Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
lizzard, shell, erin, milan, julien, dveditz, marcia, ritu, jst, mbest, brad
- Happy New Year!!!!!
- gtb today, 51 beta 11 (waiting for nss/TLS work to land) and planning to release tomorrow.
- beta 12 on Thurs/Fri
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1320048 is now the top overall browser crash on Aurora. It will be fixed when Apple releases 10.2.3
[philipp <pls read for me>] 51.0b10
- [@ BaseThreadInitThunk] is the top startup crash on beta right now, succeeding the malicious LSP module crashes.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322554 (2.75% of browser crashes)
- probably malware-related as well
- [@ mozilla::layers::ClientLayerManager::GetRemoteRenderer] #11 browser crasher
- fixed in 53 but is stalled for past month waiting for uplift; need the gfx team to figure out how to progress with this
- crash in content process on mac os x when printing pdf files regressing in 51 (3% of all content crashes, >40% of all crashes from osx)
- ADD-ONS: result: do not see reason to stop based on first 2 weeks of data, but needs investigation in 2 areas. add-ons with e10s improve cpow use, hangs, plug-in, and fewer main crashes (. worsens content crash rate since dec 17 - 22nd it moves higher for only e10s with add-ons (roughly ~3.5 more crashes per hour with add-ons) and more jank (gc_maxpause_ms) (5-8%) - investigating causes at 11. perf: https://github.com/benmiroglio/e10s_analyses/blob/master/beta/51/ stability: https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/dashboard/stability-metrics-for-e10s-add-ons-experiment-beta-49-50-51-
- #3 Top browser crash http://bit.ly/2i6HBzr has three different bugs associated with it - there are crashes on Mac, Windows and Linux. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1135562#c33 says there is not much we can do about it. Are we sure all three bugs are the same root cause?
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322554#c18 seems to be on the rise, as Phillip notes
- Some troubles again with the Intersection Observer API causing crashes on Nightly. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q1 has some information. Backout requested and we should have a test plan for this feature going forward. Newest crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1326194
- Top brower crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1324863#c6 is stalled at the moment
- #2 Top browser crash is assigned -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1325655
- Filed new JS bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1328281.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1286307 is still the top crash on release
- #3 top crash is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=760394
- Several of the top release crashes should be fixed in beta
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [marcia] Tracking noms - leaks. Noticing lots more nominations lately - which ones should be tracked? The nomination comments are sometimes "Leaks are bad."
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
- Telemetry experiment (GPU process) now running on Nightly https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1319206
Some of the work still to come for 51, - NSS/TLS1.3 update (beta 11) - WebGL2 - stub installer changes https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1320773
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- 50.1.0 post-mortem a week from now - Tuesday 1/10/17