Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
NOTE: The THURS. APR 6 meeting will be at 9am PT.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
- Ioana, Bogdan, Andrei, jlorenzo, MBoldan, lizzard, cornel,Julia, petruta, dveditz, RyanVM, nicole, Cipri, Bogdan Maris,
- Probably going to wait to gtb until afternoon today for 53 beta 10
- RC and beta to release merge, next week!
awsy rate: 4.51 (browser 3.61, content 0.61) telemetry (m+c-s) from monday: 3.49 (3.45 week before, 2.18 this time last cycle)
awsy rate: 0.82 (browser 0.64, content 0.18) telemetry (m+c-s) from monday: 3.76 (3.89 week before, 4.11 this time last cycle)
- New malware startup crash in @0x10019d82 - 6% of browser crashes: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1353785
- showing up on all channels since yesterday - malware is a randomly named dll hooking into firefox
- (assigned, has a patch pending uplift approval) Startup crash in BaseThreadInitThunk - 3.2% of browser crashes: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322554
- regressions from bug 1311512 when printing:
- (unassigned) OOM | large | ... | std::basic_stringbuf<T>::overflow - 2.4% of browser crashes, 3.5% of content crashes: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1347646
- (unassigned) mozilla::gfx::DrawTargetRecording::DrawTargetRecording - 0.8% of content crashes: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1350738
- Avast related crashes regressing on 53 - 1.7% of browser crashes, 6.9% of content crashes:
- (assigned) Crash in igd10iumd32.dll | CContext::EmptyOutAllDDIBindPoints - 0.8% of browser crashes: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1351349
awsy rate: 0.74 (browser 0.54, content 0.2) telemetry (m+c-s) from monday: 2.69 (2.73 week before, 2.78 this time last cycle)
- Nothing new to report since Tuesday
- Explosiveness report shows a few spikes: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/release-mgmt/2017-04-05/2017-04-05.firefox.52.explosiveness.html
awsy rate: 14.92 (browser 2.53, content 12.38) telemetry (m+c-s) from monday: 5.12 (11.71 week before, 16.37 this time last cycle)
- Crash rate about the same as Tuesday
- Uptime: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q2
awsy rate: 1.15
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1351169 is the top crash on Nightly (274 crashes) and seems to be related to Custom Tabs. Can we try to get a good set of STR?
- http://bit.ly/2odObdv spiked a bit on Fennec beta
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Softvision teams will be out of office on April 17th (Easter).
- [Andrei] IMPORTANT: pre-Aurora (Fx55) feature sign offs have been cancelled as a result of Project Dawn.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Exploratory Testing has been conducted on 54.0a2 for:
- Pre-Beta (Fx54) feature sign offs are in progress (due Fri, Apr 7th, eod).
- [Andrei] Windows 10 "Creators Update" testing on 53b is in progress (completion by Fri, Apr 7th, eod).
- Fennec 53 Beta 9 signed off without major issues - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/53/Beta/9
- bug 1353338 - Firefox account can be removed from Guest Session
- bug 1265304 - Display estimated reading time in Reader Mode - pre-Release Sign-off (GREEN): https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/Estimated_Reading_Time
- bug 1202861 - (compact-tabs) Add "Compact tabs" settings item under "Customize" - pre-Release Sign-off (GREEN): https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/Custom_tabs_in_settings
- bug 1201335 - Display notification when new device added to Sync account - pre-Release Sign-off (GREEN): https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/Display_notification_when_new_device_added_to_Sync_account
- bug 1321119 - Size of synced tab history and assumptions about max record size mean less tabs are synced than otherwise could be.- https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Expandable_List_of_Synced_Tabs sign off planned for 04-07-2017 staging 84 (Aurora)
- bug 1337236 - [Meta] Fennec Custom Tabs MVP- https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/CustomTab_on_Fennec - signoff report targeting 55 until April 21st
https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/Fx_Accounts_Functionality - testing in progress on stage [Train 84]
- [jlorenzo] Bug 1335736 - Users stuck on a couple of old beta versions (48.0b99, 49.0b99 & 29.0b8)
* Are xx.b99 still showing up in the requests? Should we investigate 44.0b1, 48.0rc and 49.0rc?
- [jlorenzo] Next merge day will happen on Easter Monday, which is a holiday in several parts of the world (including Romania, France, Germany, UK, Italy, some provinces of Canada). Should we postpone merge day by 1 day?
- [flod] Any update on timing of public announcements about Dawn? Date for moving 55 to Beta is confirmed as June 12?
- [elan] i have an update on the sumo link extravaganza in product links mostly working -- except for links with country codes at the end of them