Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
Philipp, Ritu, Erin, Andrei, Iulia, Cornel, Ioana, Cristian, Alexandru, Marcia, Jorge. Cipri, jcristau, jlorenzo, nicole, mahe, Timea, Petruta
- 53.0 desktop and mobile released.
- A last minute issue turned up just after the mobile release: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357893 We got ready to do a quick dot release. But on testing, the issue may not be as bad or as common as we first thought, so we can wait for more investigation or user reports.
- Planning to defer Fennec 53.0.1 to mid next week, Fennec add-on usage are: Stylish is ~6K, uBlock ~240K
- 52.1.0esr released
- 45.9.0esr released (Last 45 ESR)
- 54 beta 1 build delayed for e10s multi and Screenshot feature uplifts.
- QE sign-off will be completed tomorrow
- Will need build2 that includes Burmese (my) locale
- Can we ship build1 to Beta channel even if it doesn't have Burmese locale? JLorenzo will let us know whether this can cause infra issues => [jlorenzo] This scenario already happened with "ur" in 53. We had some small failures, but nothing that can hold the release. In other words, let's add it in 54.0b2!
- Fennec build is unaffected
awsy rate: 2.47 (browser 1.38, content 1.09)
- #1 top browser crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1356365 which is the top crash was made DEBUG_ONLY and is now fixed
- # 6 top browser crash was fixed by backout, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357437#c11
- Explosiveness report - https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/release-mgmt/2017-04-19/2017-04-19.firefox.nightly.explosiveness.html - showed a few things on Nightly, filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357734
- Web render pref being turned on will not always show up in the app notes
- New crashes filed today:
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1358159 - Crash in GetLocaleInfoHelper
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1358124 - Crash in free_impl | FinalizeTypedArenas<T
awsy rate: 0.72 (browser 0.55, content 0.17)
- no 54.0b yet
awsy rate: 0.81 (browser 0.60, content 0.21)
- low level startup crash in 53: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/signature/?signature=umtx_lock_58
awsy rate: 1.19
- Fennec 53 - in early data https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1354911 is the top issue.
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 54.0b1-build1 sign off in progress (will be completed tomorrow).
- If we do a build2 will most likely only include only Burmese locale.
- WebRTC Full Duplex Audio Streams (Mac) feature testing on 54.0b1 planned for tomorrow.
- Fennec 53.0.1 almost done - mail to be sent soon
- Fennec 54.0b1 delayed.
- youtube issues - main complain in Google play - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1355407
- sumo roll-back to kitsune happened yesterday
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- Tuesday, May 2nd