Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Shield studies
- 6 Stability
- 7 Performance (Thu)
- 8 QE
- 9 Performance
- 10 RelEng
- 11 Marketing/Communications
- 12 User Advocacy
- 13 Roundtable
- 14 Special Topics
- 15 Actions
marcia, jcristau, Tom, selena, RyanVM, elan, lizzard, dveditz
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- 58.0b12 shipping today (desktop+deved+fennec)
- with extra partials to try and recover users stuck on 58.0b<10
- next beta 58.0b13 gtb January 3rd
- what if we need a chemspill during the holidays?
- stability , marcia will keep an eye on crash stats
- dan will monitor incoming security mail and bugs
- liz is around
- please use the release-drivers mailing list if you need to escalate a crucial issue!
- FYI: Shield studies in flight. https://gregglind.github.io/x-shield-inflight-dashboard
- [julien] is that working for anyone? I've never seen it actually work, it keeps saying "loading..."
- [elan] same, this is not a perfect way to monitor as well :https://trello.com/b/maMI2Fn6/shield-studies
- We are designing a better dashboarding solution. The PRD should be taking shape 3rd week of January.
- We did have one Stability meeting at the All Hands with David Durst's team, and tried to prioritize items that his team can work on next quarter.
- marcia will try to get a screenshot circulated that described what we are working on
awsy rate: 2.80 (browser 0.87, content 1.93)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1424451 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1405290 are the top browser crash in 59
- Recent regression with a number of signatures https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1426162
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1366808 is at the top of Mac and Linux browser crashes
- A few nightly crashes filed from weekend builds https://wiki.mozilla.org/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q4#2017-12-18_-_marcia
awsy rate: 0.88 (browser 0.41, content 0.47)
- Top crashes https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1416879 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1418795 are still actively being addressed
- Rising content crash [@ CanAttachNativeGetProp ] correlated to AMD devices. Almost 500 crashes in Beta 11
awsy rate: 0.77 (browser 0.40, content 0.36)
- Rate looks good so far
awsy rate: release 0.56 - beta 0.53 - nightly 2.01
- Rate also looks decent. All top crashes are on file.
- B11 looks pretty good in terms of crash rate. Waiting for B12 to go out to obtain more data
- New Fennec regression https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1425553 is pretty high - over 800 crashes