Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Off-train releases
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 7 Roundtable
- 8 Special Topics
RyanVM, elan, telin, tomgrab, kbrosnan, aryx, tomprince, overholt, dveditz
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- 62.0b19 shipping today to Desktop, DevEd, and Fennec.
- Nightly 63 soft freeze starts Thursday
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
firefox nightly summary score: 4.07, last Thursday 4.04
- Nightly Crash triage has been fairly quiet - a few bugs filed - https://wiki.mozilla.org/NightlyCrashTriage/2018Q3
- Core | DOM regression https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1484773 (fixed within a few hours of being filed - great turnaround, everyone!)
- Filed Core | Web Replay https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1484986
- Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1484999 - regression shows up in 8-20 builds
- Core | Disability bug filed 5 days ago which spiked is now fixed: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1483911
firefox beta summary score: 2.41, last Thursday 2.46
- Windows Patch day bug which was mentioned last week is visible, #4 overall top crash in b18: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1483909
firefox release summary score: 2.22, last Thursday 2.26
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1483909 is visible on release as well. Added a Win 7 signature spotted today.
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec release summary score: 27.62, last Thursday 27.83
- #3 top crash on release - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1475218. Has a patch on inbound.
fennec beta summary score: 30.22, last Thursday 30.62
- Fennec beta looks good overall. One API 21 crash spotted specific to b17, but not sure worth filing since it is very low volume
fennec nightly summary score: 48.14, last Thursday 47.85
- Clouseau uncovered GeckoView crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1484960
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1480852 continues to be visible in Nightly, with over 50 crashes in the last 7 days on 63. It turns out this crash is present on 62/61 as well.
Aurora / Dev Edition
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- (telin) Do we know how sensitive the Mission Control crash rates are to new spikes given the time frame they're averaged over?
- (Ryan) I believe we've successfully correlated new topcrashes to visible spikes in the rate previously
- Unsure whether there would be a benefit to a shorter-timeframe rate which might be more sensitive to recent regressions
- Has the data science team reviewed the current calculations?
- (elan) There's a core product metrics team which hasn't been as active recently, might be something for them to review
- We do have daily crash triage happening, so any new crash signatures should be getting caught still since that triage isn't rate-dependent