Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Off-train releases
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 7 Roundtable
- 8 Special Topics
marcia, RyanVM, Pascal, Sebastian, Ritu, jcristau, lizzard,
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- desktop 64.0 shipped today at 25%
- rate will be set back to 0% tomorrow at 14:00 UTC
- if all looks well, we'll bump to 100% on Thursday
- fennec 64.0 *not* shipped
- hoping to fix https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1497148 and ship 64.0.1 this week still
- holding back on Fennec 65 beta so we can ship this patch in it
- Dec 11th - Desktop goes live, fix is ready & uplifted to Beta65; Dec 12th am PST - 65.0beta with fix pushed to GooglePlay; Dec 13th - gtb 64.0.1; Dec 14th - push 64.0.1 to GP with slow rollout
- 60.4.0esr shipped today at 100%
- 65.0b3 shipped at 100% DevEdition + 50% beta
- nightly is 66 until January 28
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
- Reminder that we just branched, and nightly is now 66. We also shipped 64. Please be mindful that Mission Control rates may be a bit
higher than normal (there is a message at the bottom that says "Latest release is new (4 hours in field), numbers should be viewed with skepticism"
- Also an early issue with product API details not showing correctly - it has now been resolved: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513193
firefox nightly summary score: 11.23
- #3 top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1512589 is now resolved fixed
- Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513304, appears to be a small volume regression
- Latest nightly crash triage - https://wiki.mozilla.org/NightlyCrashTriage/2018Q4
firefox beta summary score: 1.84
- Too early to call out anything for 65beta
firefox release summary score: 7.66
- Too early to call out anything for 64 yet: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrashers/?product=Firefox&version=64.0&process_type=any
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec release summary score: 25.13
- 63.0.2 looks good. Awaiting data for 64 when it is released.
fennec beta summary score: 28.24
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1497148 visible on beta
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1512037 visible on beta
fennec nightly summary score: 198.04
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1497148 is top crash, investigation ongoing
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1512037 appears to be rising. We have a suspected regressing bug.
- clouseau detected https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513242
Aurora / Dev Edition
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- [elan] coverage during the holidays?
- email release-drivers@
- marcia will monitor stability
- RyanVM will be around for 65.0b7 on Dec 27