Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Off-train releases
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 7 Roundtable
- 8 Special Topics
marcia, RyanVM, lizzard, jcristau, sdeiac, csasca, mcoman, adrian, lbialis, bmaris, mlobontiuroman, obotisan, mtabara, ioana, asoncutean
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- 64: no dot release planned before the week of Jan 7
- 65.0b5 live @ 100%
- 65.0b6 gtb today (Desktop & DevEdition only)
- Holiday Beta schedule:
- 65.0b7 gtb Thursday, 27-Dec for all products
- 65.0b8 gtb Thursday, 3-Jan for all products
- Back to normal schedule on Monday, 7-Jan
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1489094 was fixed on nightly, not sure if we have to reprocess crashes?
firefox nightly summary score: 13.73, Tuesday 16.98
- Not much new to report since the large spikes from:
firefox beta summary score: 2.59, Tuesday 2.90
- Mac Security sandboxing regression seen in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1515375 - 10% of browser crashes
- Crashes in chinese input method editor: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1512165 - 2.5% of browser crashes
- New necko crash with sec impact: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1515459
- Tab crashes in mozilla::dom::WorkerPrivate::Notify: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1509585 - 1.6% of browser crashes
- patch waiting on a review
firefox release summary score: 2.37, Tuesday 2.68
- Overall rate looks good and nothing new in the top 10 other than the bug noted on Line 54
- #3 overall crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1514028.
- Will has filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1515487 to add the signature in the skip list. In the meantime, we might be missing symbols as well
- Top Mac release crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1510058 has been fixed in 65
- #10 top crash which has been around since 57 seems stalled https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1419108
- Filed a bug for #19 overall, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1515659. I believe we still have issues getting symbols from Adobe
- Reference bug is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513497. I think it has been over 3 months since any symbols were uploaded :(
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec release summary score: 29.79, Tuesday 29.22
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1471692 which was previously low volume seems to have increased. Perhaps a different
issue than the one originally filed
- New crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1514768 has become very visible on release.
fennec beta summary score: 40.36, Tuesday 44.84
- Still early in b5 - https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrashers/?product=FennecAndroid&version=65.0b5&process_type=any
- #6 top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513912 has a need info, seems stalled
fennec nightly summary score: 57.32, Tuesday 34.30
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1515086 is the likely cause for the spike in Fennec.
- #4 top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1505061 seems to occur when playing media
Aurora / Dev Edition
[Bogdan] - read only
- Beta 65.0b5 - Completed
- GREEN - Manual tests: https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/reports/view/1336
- No new issues found:
- Update tests on beta-cdntest, beta, aurora-cdntest and aurora showed no new issues: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z2uttTcj-m0TAnEprDW0PpV35Z7Ymfa7ga4j83vOMjw/edit
- Beta 65.0b5 snap - Completed
- GREEN - Manual tests: https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/reports/view/1337
- No new issues found.
- Full functional round 1 (65.0b5) - In progress (ETA tomorrow)
- Release 64.0.1 - Signed off (Green)
- Beta 65.0b5 - Signed off (Green)
- Nightly Pre-Check Part I - Signed off (Green)
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- [marcia] Can we review which meetings are cancelled for the next 2 weeks?
- Channel meeting for 12/25, 12/27, and 1/1
- No Cross Functional on Wednesday, 12/26 and it looks like 1/2 as well
- No Fennec Tuesday triage until January 8th