Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Desktop Stability
- 4 Mobile Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 Feature Status Review
- 7 SUMO Report
- 8 Roundtable & Special Topics
dveditz, RyanVM, pascal, Aryx, JR, Tania,telin, kbrosnan
- Firefox 86 at 25%
- ESR 78.8.0 at 100%
- Fenix 86.1.1 at 25%
- Focus 8.13.1 at 5%
- Beta/deved 87.0b1 at 25%
mc2 crash rate: 1.91 (+0.01 compared to previous week), crash incidence: 1.59% (-0.09pp)
- some Shutdown kill signature changes and slight crash frequency upticks: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1439074 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1279293
- MissionControl v2 shows increase in macOS crashes starting early last cycle, at same time Linux and Windows slightly trending down
- Sebastian will investigate with crash stats
mc2 crash rate: 1.43 (-0.36), crash incidence: 1.02% (-0.09pp)
mc2 crash rate, still for 85.0.2: 1.30 (+0.05), crash incidence: 0.94% (-0.12pp)
- First week of Nightly, PI & tech docs are due on Feb 26th
- Test planning for Proton is in progress.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Testing is beta to be started. overall: on track
- Some PI tickets are missing trello cards:
** Move Search TopSites into Remote Settings ** [PI-967] Find Toolbar's highlight mode should show matches next to or on top of scrollbar
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 86 (Release)
- AVIF Disabled just before shipping due to concerns/bugs around Mozilla's implementation. Shipping plans are unclear at this time.
- Firefox 87 (Beta)
- Some concerns with the scope of work that's planned for Proton. Some work likely to land in Fx88 but presents little risk as most of the code is pref'd OFF until Fx89.
- Investigating missing features from Trello tracking. Suspect i'll be adding cards over the week
- Firefox 88 (Nightly)
- Building feature list. No major concerns at this time.
- Proton scope is in flux a bit as engineering deadlines are beginning to slip a bit. Scope conversations happening with leadership this week to try and mitigate these concerns. GOOD this is happening NOW and not during the final moments of Fx89 Beta!
Roundtable & Special Topics
- Missing Cross Functional reporting for Release milestones, quality metrics, and QA updates. What would you all think about a weekly email (I would put together)
Past Firefox weekly videos: https://mozilla.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx#query=%22Firefox%20weekly%22