Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
telin, pascal, vbalducci, RyanVM, Aryx, kbrosnan, taniam, jcristau, dveditz, mcalderon
- Firefox 91.0.2 shipped today at 100% rollout
- Firefox 92 beta 7 shipped yesterday, we are out of the EARLY_BETA cycle now
- 92.0b8 gtb today
- Fenix 92.0.0-beta.6 shipped Monday, beta.7 gtb Thursday
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- Feature secreview status will hopefully be tracked in Jira eventually
- a11y regressions still concerning
- One blocker bug (Cloudflare AVIF bug) will likely be resolved by pref flip before RC
mc2 crash rate: 2.11 (+0.33 compared to previous week), crash incidence: 1.95% (+0.41pp)
mc1 crash rate: 5.00 (-0.95) crashes/1k usage hours
mc2 crash rate: 2.11 (+0.10), crash incidence: 1.69% (-0.23pp)
mc1 crash rate: 3.68 (-0.70)
mc2 crash rate: 1.65 (+0.03), crash incidence: 0.79% (-0.04pp)
mc1 crash rate: 1.86 (-0.42)
- Update tests drafted for https://mozilla-hub.atlassian.net/browse/PI-1156 (test updates to esr91) are ready for review
- Dot Release 91.0.2 - no new issues were encountered, beside a few already known ones (S3/S4); GREEN status
- macOS first-run experience - https://trello.com/c/LldlU68r - may only be ready for testing in Beta 93
Aurora / Dev Edition
Beta 92 end-to-end testing is in progress, no major issues encountered so far
- 10 mb regression in libxul.so https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1727150
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 92 - On Track
- Last blocker around Supporting XFA PDF.js has been resolved. Moved from 'challenged' to 'on track'.
- All other features considered on track. Mostly ready to just ride the trains as-is
- Firefox 93 - On Track
- 'New users don’t get interrupted when closing Firefox' slipped to Fx94 due to a significant amount of outstanding work still needing to land
- Still waiting on several features to become code complete. Likely going to come in toward the end of the cycle; see below.
- Allow Firefox to restart to apply updates when no windows are open
- Improve Mac install experience
- MR2 The download panel UI is consistent with rest of Firefox UI
- run-from-.dmg behavior changes
- Firefox 94
- I'mmersive monochromatic themes can be enabled' this work MUST land in Fx94 based on Firefox Leadership priorities for shipping by year end. Engineering scope has the timeline at risk for delivery in Fx94 based on the amount of work required. Likely will be requesting uplifts during the Beta cycle.
Roundtable & Special Topics
- As stated last week; MR1.1 is now MR2. What was MR2 is now simply referred to as ' Pro Client'.
- Please be sure to update your Firefox Weekly content by End of day. Updates have been coming in late the last few weeks. Ideally, we should have everything ready to go by EOD Tuesday each week.
- telin on leave next week. Will be around if you need me.
- Need someone to cover the Weekly digest for next week
- [tania] JIRA project renaming (PI->QA) has been completed, QA is in the process of updating existing docs
- Will there be QA-Requests now?