Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
pascal, Aryx, telin, afischer, RyanVM,dmeehan,jr,dsmith, vbalducci, dveditz
- Desktop 95 RC1 shipped yesterday at 100%
- Fenix/Focus 95 RC1 should ship tomorrow
- No driver for a RC2 at the moment
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.37% (+0.10pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 1.07 (-0.29)
mc1 crash rate: 3.78 crashes/1k usage hours (-0.57)
- [@ handle_response | _XEventsQueued]
- only 1-2 crashing installations per Nightly but 5+ different machines for the last week, all AMD
mc2 crash incidence: 0.44% (pp), crash rate: 3.51 () - unreliable data, 95.0 RC1 just rolled out and adoption is below 1%
mc1 crash rate: 3.67 (-0.22)
mc2 crash incidence: 1.23% (-0.34pp), crash rate: 1.23 (-0.03)
mc1 crash rate: 2.29 (-0.10)
- ESR 91.4.0-build1 validation in progress, no new issues found so far
- Accessibility validation done, new issues are minor, out of the known issues one is an S2 - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1714766
Aurora / Dev Edition
- RC1 95.0-build1 validation started
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 95 Beta
- TCP Opt-In (Continuous Onboarding) remains challenged pending a leadership Go/No-Go. If we decide to move forward this onboarding work will be rolled out to Release gradually via Nimbus (beginning with 10%). No need for additional uplifts.
- All other features reported 'On track' with no known uplifts inbound
- Firefox 96 Nightly
- Onboarding - Colorway spotlight upgrade is still in the design phase. No work has landed. Still targeting Fx96 but seems likely to slip.
- Remove about:ion page from Firefox unlikely to make soft code freeze. Team is still targeting Fx96. Will likely require an uplift request in Beta.
- Improve storage limits and estimations expected to have additional patches landing before soft code freeze
- Implement Process Selection for Fission-Limited-Version removed from Fx96 Forecast as we are mostly tracking work that is landing pref'd OFF. Plans to enable have not been established.
- Service Worker NavigationPreloadManager API slipped to Fx97 as the implementation work won't be completed before soft code freeze and it's too big to uplift into the beta cycle.
- Desktop Release Report: https://mailchi.mp/mozilla/firefox-94-week-3-release-report
- Mobile MR2 Release Report: https://mailchi.mp/mozilla.com/firefox-mobile-mr2-week-3-sumo-release-report
Roundtable & Special Topics
- Fx95 retro probably in January because of EOY holidays