Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
Luna(bittin), dmeehan, afischer, telin, RyanVM, dveditz, Aryx, JR, vbalducci, cguerrero,dsmith
- No dot release planned for 95
- 96.0b4 live, 96.0b5 today
- Fenix 96 beta2 shipped today
- Focus 96 beta2 shipped today
- Draft Release Notes are available in release-notes slack channel
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.54% (+0.30pp compared to previous week), crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 1.55 (+0.47) - all content crashes are being taken into account again
mc1 crash rate: 3.56 crashes/1k usage hours ()
- [@ mozilla::dom::serviceWorkerScriptCache::(anonymous namespace)::CompareNetwork::Abort] (crash #3 by affected instances)
- fixed by backout of https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1738984 for the last 2 Nightlies
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1743928 media playback sandboxing (top crash signatures by crash count but single digit of users reporting crashes)
- fixed today by uplift
mc2 crash incidence: 2.26% (+0.24 compared to last Thursday, no comparison with last Tuesday because of low adoption rate at that time), crash rate: 2.05 (-1.42)
mc1 crash rate: 4.06 (-3.03)
- Windows 32-bit build Crash in [@ w2c_memset]
- uplift fix or disable webfont sandboxing
mc2 crash incidence: 1.08% (-0.08pp), crash rate: 1.64 (-0.12)
mc1 crash rate: 2.72 (-2.91)
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Antivirus testing on Beta 96 - in progress
- Beta 96 feature preliminary reports - in progress. No concerns until now.
- 1st Round of Firefox 96 regression testing will start tomorrow.
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 96 Beta
- More From Mozilla about:preferences experiment Phase 2 wasn't able to be tested in Nightly. It's possible we could be looking at uplifts once the feature testing is complete.
- Improve storage limits and estimations has an uplift request inbound
- Web Locks seems to be intended to ride the trains with Fx96 but I don't believe it's been enabled on Beta. Working with Jens to confirm.
- Enabled by default in bug 1740044
- Firefox 97 Nightly
- Culling the feature list but overall seems like it could be a busy cycle
- Partnership around the colorway feature has had many scope discussion since the update last week. I think we've landed in a good place.
- There is a number of features that are still 'in planning' or gathering requirements but targeting Fx97.
- Improve Spotlight as experimentation surface
- Support pdf default work
- Segment user base per resolution and DPI scaling
- Simplify the process to open an external application from Firefox
- Desktop V94 Problem with streaming services since WideVine update doesn’t get through: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1743954
- Issue came up late in V94. Workaround noted and it seems like V95 resolves.
- Color scheme issues: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1740518
- iOS V40 Incident: Browser is completely frozen/not responding after update to version 40
- V40.1 rolling out to resolve.
- Focus Android V95: "Accept Cookies" pop-up issues: https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/focus-android/issues/6046