Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
vbalducci, RyanVM, dsmith, dmeehan, afischer, Sir Thomas Elin (yes, it's official), pascal, cguerrero, JR Johnson, Aryx, dveditz
- Fenix/Focus 96.3.1 live @ 100%
- Desktop 97.0 RC1 live on Beta @ 100%
- Will need an RC2 build
- Fenix/Focus 97.1.0 RC live @ 5%
- ESR 91.6 ready for testing
- 98 soft code freeze starts February 3
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- MissionControl v1 metrics lower than they should be: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1751861
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.94% (+0.35pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 2.06 (+0.32)
mc1 crash rate: 1.43 crashes/1k usage hours ()
mc2 crash incidence: 1.01% (-0.84pp), crash rate: 1.84 (-0.02) - incidence lower than usual
mc1 crash rate: 0.97 ()
mc2 crash incidence: 1.02% (-0.13pp), crash rate: 1.84 (-0.36)
mc1 crash rate: 0.42 ()
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Testing on Firefox 91.6.0 ESR is in progress and no new issues have been encountered so far.
- Functional testing on Firefox 97.0 RC was completed with status Green.
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 97 (Beta)
- S1 Download Modal sec issue identified (if you want the bug number ping @telin). Currently under investigation but likely to cause this work to slip to Fx98.
- Implement the WebMIDI API (https://mozilla-hub.atlassian.net/browse/FFXP-1484) slipped to Fx98 as the bug to enable by default was backed out (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1752906)
- Service Worker Latency General Improvement (https://mozilla-hub.atlassian.net/browse/FFXP-1588) likely to have its forecast adjusted to Fx98 as it was only enabled for Fx98 and we're already in RC week. Just confirming with Jens/Randell.
- Firefox 98 (Nightly)
- Things are looking good here. No major concerns. The Release tracking mana page (https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=150558329) is up to date.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1752132: Play button on Netflix video player doesn't work after closing PiP.
- Have not noticed meaningful volume for this on the forum. But did confirm the issue reproducible on Win 10 and 11.
- FxA login Failures: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17Wen3VrWM0ynQh3Y2f1Qh7me1Qc-GpbMHKmuQ2s0ghA/edit#heading=h.3ql0w52anleg
- Status Resolved
Roundtable & Special Topics
- cookie issue? Chrome's telemetry was broken so they're starting now gathering good data. (amazon.co.jp breakage related chrome bug) Could be 1%