Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
RyanVM, Aryx, Pascal, dsmith, dmeehan, tracy, telin
- 100.0.1 @ 100% as well as Mobile 100.2.0
- We expect to ship a chemspill later this week in response to pwn2own (a Firefox entry is confirmed), ESR TBD
- no other drivers at the moment
- Desktop/DevEdition 101.0b8 gtb today
- Fenix/Focus 101.0.0-beta.5 live @ 100%, beta.6 gtb targeting Thursday (though possibly impacted by pwn2own)
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- Should we switch to MC2 for crash rate reporting?
- Aryx pinged again recently about MC1 issues
- MC1 stopped working around jan 13 2022 for fx96
- Should we drop the sec review line?
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 2.63% (+0.79pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 2.41 (+0.19) - higher crash rates over the weekend
mc2 crash incidence: 1.68% (-0.59pp), crash rate: 1.91 (-0.09)
mc2 crash incidence: 0.92% (+/-0pp), crash rate: 1.44 (-0.17)
- startup [@ nsObserverService::AddObserver] from win32k lockdown
- needinfo bobowen
- Nightly 102 new feature testing is on track to be completed by May 20
- New audio backend infrastructure on Mac has been moved to Fx103 - see https://mozilla-hub.atlassian.net/browse/QA-1170
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Beta 101 feature pre-release sign offs - in progress. No concerns until now.
- 3rd round of Regression testing - in progress. No new issues encountered so far.
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 101 (Beta)
- Move audio decoding to Utility Process slipped to Fx102 due to some crash telemetry concerns. They have now been resolved but shifted to Nightly for additional bake time.
- Firefox 102 (Nightly)
- M1 - Accessibility Engine Improvements (Cache the World Milestone 1) continues to be challenged due to outstanding android refactoring
- WebGPU MVP remains at risk as this work has been in release to release slip. Team continues burning down the remaining bugs.
Roundtable & Special Topics
Retrospective (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- Fx100 retro tentatively on May 31