Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
dsmith, RyanVM, dmeehan, Tracy, Aryx
- 104.0 was throttled back to 0% rollout last thurs
- 104.0.1 dot release rollout today @25% for bug 1787293
- 104.0.2 planned dot release is scheduled for Sept 6th
- Desktop/DevEdition 105.0b4 & Fenix/Focus 105.0b3 live @ 100%
- Desktop/DevEdtion 105.0b5 gtb today
- Last week of early beta
- elm/webrtc merge: work in progress, hopefully today
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- Switched to MC2 for desktop crash rate
- (Aryx) We should also show incidence rate if we're looking at MC2
- Need to drive down the # of S1/S2 carryover regressions
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.94% (-0.03pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 1.87 (-0.23)
- Top crash on Saturday (nightly updates were stopped), now fixed. https://bugzil.la/1787584
- Frequent Crash in [@ mozilla::net::CookieServiceParent::UpdateCookieInContentList]
- fix landed on autoland
mc2 crash incidence: 1.55% (+0.22pp), crash rate: 2.06 (-0.01) - compared to last week Thursday to avoid frequent crashes from https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1784983
- startup Crash in [@ uuid::Uuid::new_v4] - ~5 affected installations per Beta, only 32-bit builds on Windows 7 and 8.1 reported
mc2 crash incidence: 0.70% (+0.03pp), crash rate: 1.66 (+0.06)
- Dot Release 104.0.1-build1 - was signed off. No concerns.
- WebRTC will be retested. Waiting for Sebastian's green light.
- There are currently 9 open S2 bugs affecting Firefox Views feature.
- Nightly 106 testing is on track to start on September 5th (as scheduled).
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Fx105] Beta 105 t1 top sites testing - in progress. No concerns until now.
- Beta 105 feature preliminary testing - in progress. No concerns until now.
- Reports will be sent until tomorrow eod.
Feature Status Review
Roundtable & Special Topics
- Monday Sept 6th is a US/CAN holiday