Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
RyanVM, dmeehan, oardelean, Aryx, dpop, dsmith,epopescu, mlobontiuroman, atrif, mchiorean, bmaris, phorea, pascalc, lapahidean, apetridean
- Keeping Desktop 105.0 rollout at 0% due to bug 1784692
- Building 105.0.1 today to revert the regressing change, aiming to rollout Friday @ 25% and unthrottle Monday
- Fenix/Focus 105.1.0 updates expected to be unthrottled today (waiting on final call for Fenix due to issue reported yesterday)
- Desktop beta 2 shipped yesterday at 50% rollout
- Desktop beta 3 ships tomorrow at 100% rollout
- Fenix beta 1 shipped yesterday at 50% rollout
- Fenix beta 2 ships end of week (currently building)
- Unlikely that we will have mobile beta 3 builds on Monday because of All Hands travel
- No updates
- Mozilla All Hands next week! Expect highly-reduced availability.
- There will NOT be channel meetings. Coordination will happen asynchronously as needed.
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 1.66% (+0.03pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 1.96 (+0.07)
mc2 crash incidence: 1.45% (+0.33pp), crash rate: N/A - too low adoption of the 106.0b1 build
- Crash in [@ mozilla::CrashOnDanglingCheckedUnsafePtr::NotifyCheckFailure]
- startup Crash in [@ PinCurrentAppToTaskbarWin7] with Windows 7 and 8.1
- developer bhearsum needinfoed
mc2 crash incidence: 0.67% (+0.01pp), crash rate: 1.76 (-0.11) - crash incidence might be broken and take more builds over a longer time frame into account
- WebRTC regression testing - in progress. No concerns.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Beta 106 feature preliminary testing started today.
- 1st round of Regression testing - in progress. No concerns.
- Fenix RC 105.1.0 build 2 [GREEN]
- Fenix Beta 106.0b1 [GREEN]
- Focus RC 105.1.0 build 2 [GREEN]
- Focus Beta 106.0b1 [GREEN]
- Features testing [QA-1605] - Testing extension compatibility with Fenix Nightly - In progress
- Features testing [QA-1591] - Feature testing of MR 2022 wallpapers on Android and iOS - In progress
- Features testing [QA-1592] - Testing of MR 2022 Onboarding features and experiment on Android and iOS - In progress