Firefox 51 Post-mortem
- large uplifts last minute in aurora (and beta) for WebGL, ANGLE (We had to do this for parity with Chrome)
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1313541 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1303443 No big problems that I'm aware of
We did a dot release during the release week for 51, before we turned on updates all the way.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1333516 geolocation not working in Firefox 51 release
We didn't catch this in manual testing. Inadequate automated test coverage. Geolocation in general didn't (doesn't) seem to have a clear owner to investigate/fix. But, we did fix it very quickly once it was caught!
- we had another crash spike (websense update, which they then fixed, i think)
- so far it looks like the dll eject work in firefox 53 might generally fix those crashes
- e10s addon whitelist, last minute issues, did an RC build
- And we still had one more for system add on after release. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1332692
- For all relevant system addons we need to follow up to land patches up to beta (or release)
- hsts priming
- Many related bugs filed. There were 2 prefs to control this. Only one was flipped on for beta + release.
- We didn't catch this in automation or manual testing on beta
- Follow up on test coverage + manual tests....
- System addon shipped to try and fix. (We need to follow up on uptake)
- Tablet crash for android
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1318667 We knew about this and the high crash volume but didn't think it was actionable, until after release Problem still ongoing as the dot release for fennec, 51.0.2, has caused another top crash
- galaxy signing issue - still not resolved, marked it as blocking 53/54
- First release managed by Taipei (Gerry) even if Liz managed the end of the cycle (PTO for the RM)
- new triage meeting (Monday morning in Taipei) for regressions!