From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Square Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Upcoming Firefox Releases

Firefox 3.0.15 / Firefox 3.5.4

  • code freeze was yesterday
  • targeting mid-late October release
  • build has asked for go to build earlier than October 12th

Firefox 3.0.14 -> 3.5.3 Major Update Offer

  • (users of 3.0.14 will be able to upgrade to 3.5.3 as soon as we ship by doing a "check for updates...")
  • targeting a major update offer for all users on September 30
  • there will be an associated survey for the first 5000-10000 responses


  • everything is string frozen
  • prioritizing blockers to figure out when we can code freeze for beta 1
  • right now we're potentially drifting into November for a final release due to number of outstanding blockers :(

Fennec 1.0x

  • froze for Fennec 1.0b4, hoping to ship this week
  • added another beta and that's where we'll string freeze

SeaMonkey 2.0

  • planning to ship on
  • late Octoberish, same timeframe as 3.5.4


Product Development

as always, you can read the development meeting notes as well, but here are the big items:


  • 34 locales opted in to Firefox 3.6 Beta
  • Gonna do limited outreach to some localizers
  • Not gonna block shipping in 3.6 based on participation in this beta, as the release cycle is small. Being in RC 1 is gonna be key, though.

Please also note the discussion about how to deal with orphaned localizations that we're shipping in .planning.


  • Fx3.6 QA - Working on testplans, verifying bugs
  • Testdays
  • Fennec
    • Figuring out infrastructure for winmo automation (talos + unittests)
    • Continued testing of 1.9.2/trunk on winmo/maemo
    • Noticing a lot of low memory conditions on the n810 and Omnia 2 lately; haven't been able to pinpoint the reason
  • Tegra
    • Ongoing bug verifications; testing on sites that use Flash; testing interim wince release.

Release Engineering

  • upcoming vacations - will juggle who does what releases
  • Rolling out Win7 SDK in production
    • impacts all win32 builds bug 505504
    • checking for compat issues; if you have trouble with win32 nightlies let us know
    • requested for beta1, when is beta2?


  • 9/29 Key Things
  • Jorge Villalobos - New Developer Relations Lead

Web Dev


  • Yahoo! plugin favicon branding change requested, would like to get them into 3.6. Old and busted red y-bang to be replaced by passionate, new purple y-bang (new favicon). May require mods as colour is a little dark on OSX.
  • Would like to get dynamic updates for the Google plugin (bug 511017) into 3.6, which apparently requires some love on bug 514377.


  • As always, please make sure relevant bugs that might impact developers are tagged with the dev-doc-needed keyword.


Plugins project

  • Les and Austin to have page ready for tomorrow.
  • Front end implemented, waiting on copy feedback.
  • QA to start tomorrow.
  • schedule (page live before Oct 15th): Website/Sprints/PluginProblem


  • [Added by Johnath] Stop using old phone numbers! A few long-deprecated dial-in numbers are going out of service this week. The normal dial-in numbers for this call are below, if you're using a different number (specifically, 866-500-1038 or 650-215-7299), cut it out.
    • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
    • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)