Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 Press & Public Reactions
- 5 Questions and Concerns
- 6 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- Triaging nominations for the next 3.6 update
- Snippets for 3.5 EOL will hopefully be live in the next week or so
Firefox 5 (Desktop)
- Firefox 5 is now in beta with >250k users
Firefox 6 (Desktop)
- Firefox 6 just migrated from mozilla-central to mozilla-aurora
- Updates not happening yet, still shaking things out
- Websockets might ship with a prefix
Firefox 4.0.x (Mobile)
Firefox 5 (Mobile)
- Launched Firefox 5 Beta 2 last week
- Will need a Beta 3 for three important bug fixes (branching this Friday)
- Looking to land an Android crasher that has baked on trunk for a few days
- Planning to sim-build and sim-ship with Desktop beta 3
Firefox 6 (Mobile)
- Migrated from mozilla-central to mozilla-aurora
- Started the process of re-align timelines of features to Fx7
- Pushed discoverability feature into aurora.
Add-on Builder 0.9.5
- Freeze for last round of minor features is this Friday
- 0.9.6 will be the beta release
- focus on hardening and polish
- some changes may be required for compatibility with SDK final
Add-on SDK 1.0RC1
- freezes today
- much work landed, a few important items outstanding
- may be delayed a few days
- ETA: Tomorrow
- Fancier submission methods on mobile.
- Device info per opinion for those searching under the Mobile product.
- We released Input 3.5 last week
- Working with Metrics on augmenting their analysis with Input data over every channel of the rapid release process
- Some issues around the dashboard understanding the difference in UA with the new channels process. We're working on bettering the instrumentation and expect an update when a solution is close to being ready. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us in #input in irc.mozilla.org.
Firefox 4 feedback
- PDFs don't work Bug 613756, bug 642454, Bug 648511
- Extensions (mainly IDM and error messages)
- UI changes (Back/foward buttons, refresh buttons, status bar)
- Saving tabs (or loss thereof) see bug 658337
- Problems with youtube usage in general
- Unresponsive, slow
- Not loading
- Can't use controls
- Bug 659119
- Facebook games
- Not loading ie: poker, cityville.
- Google docs
- A couple of crashes when editing, intermittent - windows users only
- Bug 659120
- Some extension issues being reported ie: toolbars.
- Some feedback that add-on compatibility reporter is not compatible.
- Lots of incompatible extensions
- Bug 659176
- Problems we know about but are tracking
- Netflix - bug 650141 (should be fixed)
- Channel switcher - Bug 652016 and Bug 659178
- PDFs - Bug 613756, bug 642454, Bug 648511
- Apple.com - bug 657469
Press & Public Reactions
- Firefox 5 beta arrives for desktop and Android
- Firefox 5 beta lands right on schedule
- Rapid-release idea spreads to Firefox 5 beta
- What's Inside Mozilla's Firefox 5 Beta?
- Mozilla delivers Firefox 5 beta on schedule
- Firefox for Android beta adds 'Do Not Track'
Questions and Concerns
- Will Add-on Builder sim-ship with Add-on SDK 1.0 and Firefox 5? No, it'll be Beta because it's one step behind SDK but it will be quite usable. SDK is a component of the Firefox 5 launch. Builder will be there to support it in a solid Beta form.
- Will Add-on SDK 1.0 support Mobile Firefox? No, that's a priority for the second half of the year but SDK 1.0 is targeting Firefox 5 Desktop.