Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 Press & Public Reactions
- 5 Questions, Comments and Highlights
- 6 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
- Daniel and Myk will investigate the viability of auto-updating current SDK-based add-ons to 1.0 final
- Asa to connect with Dan Horner and Dave Mason for featured SDK-based, and builder-based add-ons in Firefox 5.
- Christian is organizing a meeting to discuss release mechanics options (only mozilla.com, automatic update, major update, etc)
- Scheduled for 2011-06-17 @ 11:00 am PDT in Warp Core (x8605). Announcement will be sent to dev-planning
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Release (3.6, 4.0)
- Respun 3.6.18 yesterday
- Putting build #2 on the beta channel today
- 3.6.18 is still planned to go our with Firefox 5
- Lining up to release next week!
- Spinning beta 7 to take a single remaining fix, getting that out to users today
- We'll also build the same thing off of releases/mozilla-release and offer to the beta audience (will be functionally the same but we might as well make sure it is as expected)
- 3 weeks left in the Aurora window
- 3 weeks left in the nightly window
ALSO: Asa Dotzler was recently named the Product Manager for Desktop Firefox. Congratulations, Asa!
- Beta 7 will be getting pushed today.
- Will be shipping final at same time as desktop
- Ready to convert to Beta from Aurora
- Sync Discovery looking good for FF6
- Sync Brown Bag - Today 12 PM PST
- EOL of Sync Add-on by end of quarter
- on track for our Tuesday June 21st launch
- after today only critical and low risk bug fixes will be accepted
- crowd-sourced QA is kicking off today
- RC2 last Wednesday
- found a couple more blockers, they have been addressed
- RC3 today
- release still on track for Tuesday, June 21
- tree thaws for post-1.0 development today
- draft release plan will be posted to Jetpack discussion group today (following discussion in Jetpack group, plan will be posted to dev.planning for broader input)
- Released Input 4.1 on 6/13. It includes a new mobile dashboard and the ability for users to tweet their feedback right after submission.
- Working on Input 4.2:
- ETA is 6/28
- ElasticSearch is mostly integrated on Staging and the Metrics team has a cluster set up for it.
- Grouperfish's status is uncertain for this release.
- Daily automated metrics reports for rapid release which includes ADUs, crashers/100 users, median startup, add-on compatibility, praise/issues for each channel where relevant
- Plugin-checking showing up on every start: bug 663676 caused by bug 608813 which was reverted in bug 663722
Press & Public Reactions
- Q&A: Jogging Firefox’s Memory
- Mozilla aims to reduce Firefox memory usage
- Mozilla gets tough on Firefox memory leaks
Questions, Comments and Highlights
- Status on 3.5 EOL plan?
- Google pushed the homepage snippets live on Monday, 2011-06-13
- Down to 8 million users (from 12 million)
- Looks like -5% week over week currently
- Expect even more movement now that Google has announced ending Google apps support for 3.5
- Still plan to update Firefox 3.5 users to Firefox 3.6.18 on the 21st
- New Flash update yesterday? News? [Cww]
Actions this week
- email going out to developers who have SDK-based add-ons to update their add-ons to >= 1.0 RC2 - we will be auto-upgrading add-ons that fit this version constraint to 1.0 final.
- Jennifer to come back around next week with a plan for sync addon retirement and 3.6.x