Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL) (phone dial in to Warp Core Vidyo Bridge x92 Conf # 95312)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 UX & User Research
- 5 Market Insights
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Johnathan to re-template this meeting to extract out common elements
- Done! See?
Thomas to review new meeting template
- Done! Looking good. Will probably need a few minor tweaks
- Asa to post about the product team's view of 64-bit support and update the group here
- I haven't done this yet. Still waiting on feedback from plug-in vendors on dates.
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Release (3.6, 5.0)
3.6.20 on track for simul-ship with 6.0
JST wants to discuss up a virus problem that we want to try to address for Beta. WIll happen in the triage meeting. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=670542
Tab animations and tab tear off improvements landed on m-c
- fixed crashers
- fixed crashers
- fixed crasher
- working with webapps group
- Beta (6) - Sync Discovery
- Aurora (7) - Instant Sync
- Firefox Sync Add-on EOL Plan - Phase 1 - in progress
- Firefox 8+:
- progress continues apace on a variety of enhancements and bug fixes
- new Development Process finalized
- first merge from development branch to stabilization branch takes place next Tuesday, August 2
- release happens Tuesday, September 13
- and six weeks after that (October 25)
- and six weeks after that (December 6 - Saint Nicholas Day!)
- rinse and repeat
- No ETA just yet; IT has set up the new clusters and are testing extensively.
- Finished an experimental extension, named Alert the Developer, that adds your favorite happy/sad/idea buttons to each add-on's detail panel in the add-ons manager is up on AMO and waiting for a full review. Kudos for some great help by Mossop!
- Final stages with the BMO team on defining a set of requirements to allow Nightly/Aurora users to file bugs into Bugzilla via an option on Input's sad form.
- Extensions (Mainly Google Toolbar, IDM)
- No support for OSX Lion gestures. (1000+)
- Hotmail broken drag and drop (passwords still a problem)
- App-Tabs aren't saving
- QuestScan (malware):
- Gmail error: Typeerror:COLLAPSIBLE SIDEBOXES.center is undefined
- Broken Arabic fonts on BBC: bug 674335 -- Needs tech evang.
- Thai not working on OSX: bug 672955
- Some comments about sync add-on bustage.
|Positive Insights Found|
SUMO general insights:
Market link not working (19) Need direct link to download (17) Can't download to tablet (24) Overall 158 'I have this problem too' votes related to tablets on SUMO this week.
UX & User Research
Updates as of July the 18th. Next update in the week of August the 15th (Patrick is on holiday)
Summary below, full update here and in your inbox.
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
Questions, Comments, FYI
Actions this week