Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
- Firefox 3.0.8
- On track for a mid-April release
Firefox 3.5 Development
Daily users (weekly average across versions)
- 3.1b3 - 500,000 (still 80k on b2)
- Shiretoko - 5,000 (seems low)
- Minefield - 8,000
- string freeze: Thursday, March 19th at 23:59 PDT
- took a lot of strings (about 140), more than expected
- want to get the code for strings-only changes landed ASAP
- need to determine how we can help our localization community
- code freeze: Monday, April 6th
- QA start: Wednesday, April 8th
- release: week of April 13th
- SUMO 0.9.5 was pushed last night.
- Clicking the Help button in the appropriate options window pane now directs to an article specific to that options pane.
- Top issues are still sqlite corruption or related dataloss -- even in 3.1 betas.
- 31 3.1 beta forum threads out of 2002.
String landings so far in the 3.1/3.5 release cycle:
||missing in new files
|3.0 -> B1
|B1 -> B2
|B2 -> B3
|B3 -> B4
The timeline (temporary graph) shows that up to about a day before string freeze we had no more than 12, and then bumped up to 144 (plus one more on the weekend).
We're now at 27 successful locales, and 44 with missing strings, with site-specific search outstanding. Policy for that isn't in yet. 33 locales haven't worked since Beta 3 yet.
We're going to do an outreach starting with the new locales after B3 immediately, then those locales that were part of our B3 reach out probably Friday, and those that didn't work on the upcoming weekend after that.
- Beta 3 hendrix feedback
- Posted 2 bugs there. 1 fixed, 1 duped.
- Bug Verifications last week
- Fx3.0.7 -> 3.1b3 MU Trial Run testing completed. No blockers found.
- beta 4 testplan created
- Blew a disk on a datastore last night, still recovering from that - bug 485123
- Array rebuild started last night, currently at 8% rebuilt
- Some timeouts expected while rebuild is going.
- 82% 3.1* compatibility
- 61% 3.1b3+ compatibility
- CoolIris now 3.5b4pre compatibile
- CoolPreviews requires recompilation, should go this week
- Reaching out to developers like Sun to get 3.1b3 compat (Java Console has 15M users)
- Rey giving MAOW keynote in Berlin this Saturday
- need to reach out to distribution partners that don't use google for default search wrt bug 482229, may require MU for some partners, affecting build and QA
- will be posting distribution customization docs next week for review
- aiming to start generating partner distributions day and date with general releases starting with 3.5 (I hope 3.5, need to confirm w/joduinn and releng) thanks, coop!
- Failed to get xulrunner focus for add-ons developers in the development meeting - important for add-ons and need to get builds done on the 1.9.1 branch.
- No docs updates, but feel like we're ready for 3.5.
- Need to start coordinating closely with Marketing for launch activities.
- these meetings (beltzner)