« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
- Code froze last week (plus a fix)
- On track for mid-April release
- Schedule forthcoming this week.
- released, now up to 470k+ daily users (b2 less than 100k)
- more and more add-ons being made compatibly daily
- string freeze: Thursday, March 19th at 23:59 PDT
- 140+ strings landed between b3 and b4
- code freeze: Monday, April 6th
- QA start: Wednesday, April 8th
- release: week of April 13th
- 34 blocker nominations (+13 w/w)
- 90 blockers left (-10 w/w)
- 213 left to be fixed on branch (+8 w/w!)
Since 1.9.1 branch ...
Past 2 weeks ...
[ Platform Blocker Queries | Front End Blocker Queries ]
- blocker rate still not decreasing, despite confidence
- take rate seems to be dropping (this is good!)
- feels like there's a growing number of unmanaged blockers that we're not addressing (outside of front-end, graphics, layout, content, and JS; think NSS, Core:General, etc)
- 19 blockers marked fixed1.9.1 over last week (+2 w/w)
- 34 bugs nominated for blocking over last week (+14 w/w)
- blocking-firefox3.5+: 3 new unresolved (+1 w/w), 1 new resolved blocking-firefox3.5+ added (-2 w/w)
- blocking1.9.1+: 12 new unresolved (-13 w/w), 23 new resolved blocking1.9.1+ added (-9 w/w)
- 64 patches approved for 1.9.1 over last week (+36 w/w)
- 88 blockers are FIXED but not yet landed on 1.9.1 (+11 w/w)
Browser / Front End
- Blockers: 10 remaining (-1 w/w) & 1 nomination
- 4 need patches
- 2 need reviews (one from sicking!)
- 4 need landing
- Polish update: Firefox is 49% shiny (+2% over last week)
- Thanks go to: ehsan, rstrong, mstange, Ori Avtalion, Atsushi Sakai, and Dao (3)
- 45 remaining easy polish bugs (whiteboard [polish-easy])
- 37 remaining hard polish bugs(whiteboard [polish-hard])
GFX 1.9.1 Update
- Bug status:
- 1 blocking 1.9.1+ - a security bug
Layout 1.9.1 Update
- 6 blockers
- 7 untriaged noms
- Spent some time on planning this last week. Otherwise, work items similar to last week. Most people sundry bug-fixing. Dynamic change handling for table pseudo frames ready to roll. Patch to remove getBoxObjectFor for non-XUL docs on trunk. Improving test plugin for testability of plugin hoisting.
- 3 blockers
- 15 blockers
- Media block cache patch getting reviewed.
- Landed traceable natives, but more to be done on that front (mostly in the JS engine).
- Josh working on Cocoa event model for NPAPI.
- Spec for advanced key handling in NPAPI (Josh).
- Removal of OJI/LiveConnect and the XPCOM plugin API planned (Josh).
- 29 blockers
- 5 untriaged nominations
- bug 452498 - upvar, remains tricky, being worked
Mobile 1.9.1 Update
Still outstanding / to be scheduled
- native JSON
- DNS prefetching
Booked but not yet completed
- localStorage (today)
- Crash stacks for tests:
- Needs to happen on try server still bug 483111
- Run unit tests on packaged builds bug 421611, bug 383136
- Build config bits are done
- Started pulling together results from the Rando-Orange effort last night. It's going to be prettier but a preview is here: User:Ctalbert:Rando-Orange
- Should I start filing bugs for items without bugs (I tend to think no)
- Should I start adding the [orange] whiteboard flag to existing bugs that I encountered and that were encountered on tinderbox, but don't happen to have the flag? (I tend to think yes).
- Consider localStorage feature land on 1.9.1, bug 422526
- on trunk since March 19th
- security review coming today
- see dev.planning thread on the topic
- Nick Nethercote will be doing a Valgrind brown bag presentation today
- Platform planning is ongoing. If there are items that you'd like to work on and want to communicate, please make sure to coordinate with the module owners and leads. Also, watch for dev.planning threads (such as this one ) as dev.planning is where features/work items will be discussed.
- XULRunner nightlies for 1.9.1 and/or mozilla-central? bug 445191
- Needed for binary extension development
- Can we get an eta?
- Planning worksheets thoughts (bsmedberg):
- Some big-ticket items: XBL2, compositor, OOP plugins
- But not process-per-tab...
- How far out is 1.9.2? The planning worksheets make it hard to know when any particular item might be done.
- Other than frameGC/refcounting and XBL2, is there other large/architectural work that should be focused on? Additional wrapper/xpconnect sanity?
- Tryserver overload every afternoon: is there a plan to get more slaves (especially Windows) and/or combine the slave pool with the main tree?