< Firefox3.5 | StatusMeetings
« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
- Firefox 3.0.9
- Aiming for release on April 21-22
- Firefox 3.0.10
- Aiming for mid-late May release
Firefox 3.5 Development
- full platform meeting notes available from yesterday
- at 78 blockers without fixes for final ship
- the tricky JS bug ("upvar") landed on trunk and stuck
Daily users (weekly average across versions)
- 3.1b3 - approaching 600,000
- Shiretoko - 8,000 (drop of 2k since b3 launch)
- Minefield - 10,000
- string freeze: Thursday, March 19th at 23:59 PDT
- code freeze: Wednesday, April 15th, afternoon PDT
- we'll be done our P1 blockers by that date
- QA start: Thursday, April 16th, morning PDT
- release: somewhere in April 22 - 24
- SUMO is now
WebFirefox 3.5 compliant. Push was last night, thanks everyone!
- 39 Firefox 3.5 threads out of 2523: Support/Firefox3.5
- New (possibly) 3.0.8 issue: Web browsing and startup really slow. May be vundo, conficker, or security software (although we couldn't find anything in common). Ideas?       and others. My lack of bugzilla skills produces: bug 486771.
- Also suddenly common: crashing on facebook/a few other sites: bug 486809
- Firefox 3.5 B4 coming along, from 24/46 to 48/23 in the last 14 days, with good slope today (temporary graph)
- Good chunk of rework of the dashboard going on behind the scenes
- Comprehensive Litmus FFT tests completed against beta 3
- Bug Verifications last week
- 116 1.9.1+Trunk bugs verified (core/firefox/toolkit)
- 60 1.9.1 bugs verified
- beta 4 testplan standing by for builds on 4/17
- Mozmill 1.1 Testday on 4/10
- QA Meetup in Mountain View on Wed, 4/22
- Purpose: bring laptops and hack on Firefox 3.5 nightlies
- If you can attend, please add yourself to the Participants list!
- FF3.0.9 went smoothly so far; first release for catlee.
- 3.0.10 and 3.5 will see transition to automated partner repacks (day and date release with official builds)
- 3.0.10 and 3.5 (and onwards) will see partner repack info being maintained on the wiki, and more information around the repack process will published over the next 3-4 weeks. looking for feedback/questions people would like to see answered.
- you can now mark Tech Evangelism bugs as blocking-firefox3.5? - should do this for topsite incompatibility that's due to user agent sniffing, site-specific CSS for Firefox, etc.
- Working on evangelism part of our overall Firefox messaging. Source materials are here: Evangelism/Firefox3.5
- Looking for help with perf bugs + changes we've done
- Also developer features
- cnn.com bug - ask ss
- Updated working plan for website content /deliverables to support GA launch: Firefox3.5/WebsitePlan
- Target is to have all content that needs to be localized final by 4/30
- Need to synch with Blizzard to clarify content for 2 new pages
- Axel has build database v2 at home, and now?