Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 3.5/Gecko 1.9.1 Development Update
- full platform meeting notes available from yesterday
- at 81 blockers without fixes for final ship
- still a bunch of P1 blockers left for B4, putting code freeze for today at risk
- string freeze: Thursday, March 19th at 23:59 PDT
- code freeze: Wednesday, April 15th, afternoon PDT
- we'll be done our P1 blockers by that date
- QA start: Thursday, April 16th, morning PDT
- release: somewhere in April 22 - 24
Firefox.next/Gecko 1.9.2 Planning
- there's a variety of planning documents and discussions
- need wider stakeholder input
- also a discussion on what to do about client side data storage on Vlad's blog and in w3 public webapps mailing list
- 3.0.8 seems to more prone to crashes (or maybe a new malware came out at around the same time that is crashing Firefox).
- zzxc is doing a lot of investigation with bug 467167 may be related to Apple's Bonjour service in windows.
- New? malware: bug 488283 causing lots of problems for Italian users and likely other users. See also 
- need to catch this in a debugger to figure out where it's holding up our normal exit
- should also report the malware to the antivirus companies so they can update their patterns
- 12 3.5 Forum threads this week, no new 3.5-specific issues. Support/Firefox3.5:Forumthreads
- 3.1 -> 3.5 move is NOW done in en-US (my bad last week for missing articles that needed updating). cilias will do non-en-US today.
- Bug Verifications last week
- beta 4 testplan standing by for builds
- Last week's first ever Mozmill automation testday churned a good set of results
- Beta 4 testday planned for next friday 4/24 (QMO post coming soon)
- QA Meetup in Mountain View on Wed, 4/22
- Purpose: bring laptops and hack on Firefox 3.5 nightlies
- If you can attend, please add yourself to the Participants list!
- overrun yesterday
- 16 new slaves added, another 8 coming today.
- production pool back to normal
- try server still has some backlog, loaning some production-slaves to help clear
- reporting of older talos builds falling off waterfall, details in bug 488346
- start a bunch more slaves
- Open 3.5.* maxVersion once b4 ships
- Considering dropping Java Console from the compatibility reports
- [beltzner] there's some binary compatibility stuff that will break between b3 and b4 - where's good to publish that list?
- Firefox 3.5 web dev features are up, performance coming together: Evangelism/Firefox3.5
- Hoping that ctalbert + tomcat are able to get things up and running with pat to get some page load tests done
- Alex said that he would get to the polish stuff at the end of this week
- public meeting notes from last week: Evangelism/StatusMeetings/2009-04-09
- cnn.com - ss said that he was in the loop - looking for an update
- surprise set of docs for sheppy?
- paul rouget is awesome.
- Tracking updates to mozilla.com here: Firefox3.1/WebsitePlan
- Finalizing 'fastest firefox' viral video campaign - will be able to link to content on staging in the next week
- Planning 30-second community video to be content in open video showcase on what's new + first run page
- Big open item: "what's new" video > need to film 4/30 or 5/1 to allow enough time for post-production work
- Major Update copy filed and to Pascal for l10n
Firefox 3.0.9 RRRT Page is ready -> here - Tomcat