Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S - Central Area
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel
Open Action Items
Schedule & Tree Rules
- new checkin rules
- prioritize the blockers, new milestone definitions
Gecko Blockers and Noms charts:
- Stacked Blockers
- Stacked Noms
Gecko Priority Level charts:
Work in progress
- Beta 3: 102 blockers (29 P2)
- Blocker Prioritization
- 14 P1s
- 114 P2s
- 181 P3s
- Based on past performance (entirely subjective), feels like we should have about 35-45 or so P1s from that list, and 50-60 P2s.
- Basically: Re-prioritize the bugs so we know what we should be working on.
- Schedule for the next Beta: Proposed freeze Jan 22
- bsmedberg has a patch in bug 396052 that would allow Firefox to be installed in directories with names outside the current native codepage, as well as open files (via file assocation double-click) whose name is outside the current codepage. It's a pretty invasive and regression-prone patch, however... how do we make the call on that kind of thing?
- Design Review Proposal
- Still needed
- Microformats (mkaply)
- Malware Protection (dcamp)
- Distribution/Customization (thunder)
- bug 397723 - Proto OSX theme.
- Q. Are there plans to break this bug up into separate bugs for tracking issues? Concern is this bug is tracking tons of changes and nitpicky designs could get lost.
- Beta2 Test Schedule
- Beta 2 TestPlan
- Areas Covered:
- M10 and past focused Tests
- Top Extensions
- Minor Updates (beta1 -> beta 2)
- Memory Leak Testing (handled by Tomcat on debug builds)
- P1 L10N spotchecks (b2 locale list)
- M10 bug verifications
- Beta 2 Testday
- Tracking b2 fixed bugs to verify. Bug query [Core|Firefox]
- 83 core bugs to verify
- 38 firefox bugs to verify
- Built up a betatesters alias for pre-announcements for those interested in helping with web regressions (ajax, layout, CSS, etc). Wikified. (marcia, jay to work with Shaver's team)
- Tracking page for b2 relnote issues here.
- Testday this week focus on Beta 2 Testing. All firefox developers, please attend irc #testday on friday between 7am - 5pm PST.