Mozilla Foundation Weekly Priorities: April 8th, 2019
Key Dates (Upcoming)
- April 8 - Deadline for part 1 (Letter of Intent - LOI) of the Fellowship application
- April 8 - MoFo FLEX call for contributors OPENS!
- April 11- Openness Survey office hours, 1-3 PM ET, Chad Sansing’s Vidyo room.
- April 12 - Deadline to Register + Book travel for June All Hands in Toronto
- April 15 - IHR Sneak Peak & Gameshow @ 9am PST/12pm EST/5pm CET on AirMo
- April 18 - Full Fellowshops application opens!
- April 23 - Responsible Computer Science Challenge Stage I Public Announcement
- Apr 24 - 2019 Internet Health Report release
- Apr 24 - Leadership Development Day (Executive and Directors in NYC)
- Apr 25-26 - Strategy Retreat in NYC
- Apr 30 - MoFo Monthly Call
- May 7-9 - MozFest Retreat in Barcelona
- June 18-21 - MoFo All Hands in Toronto
- Monthly open org-wide OKR calls (optional)
- April 15 - Reach
- April 16 - Org Health
- April 17 - Revenue
- April 29 - Theme
What's Moving This Week (and who to contact with questions)
- Openness Survey is going live and Mozfest session proposal guide feedback request (Chad)
- Publishing first Mozfest facilitator story (Zannah)
- Onboarding plan for new Campaigner and working on 2019 campaigns plan (Sara)
- Misinfo campaign (Guardian thank you letter and next steps) (Brandi)
- Looking into a potential YouTube campaign (Jon and Becca)
- Ongoing review of fellowship LOIs (Janice)
- Next steps on host org selection process - acceptance going out to the selected host org (Amy and Janice)
- Finalizing science review committee and judging guide for science grants (Lindsey)
- MOSS meeting with Mitchell on Friday to talk about committee structure (Lindsey)
- Virtual meet up with foundations and executing the Internet Health Report mini fundraising campaign (Juan)
- IHR content writing & finalization (Solana)
- Uploading IHR content to website and testing continuing (Kasia)
- IHR outreach materials (eg deck) design in progress (Jairus)
- Solidifying next steps in AI theory of change plan (Sam, Mark, Abdoul)
- Call for contributors for MoFo FLEX projects opens! (Marc, Zannah)
Notes from the last Executive Team weekly meeting
Strategy Retreat - Made an amendment to one of the three projects we’ll be working on at the Strategy Retreat, to increase our focus on issues and impact: adjusting the framing of “Collaboration with and among fellows” broadly, to “Collaboration with and among fellows on defining an AI agenda for the internet health movement.” Also reviewed a draft slide template to help level-set all participants on the three projects in advance and during the retreat, including where and how we’re currently working like a movement and engaging collaborators. Lainie will make edits and share with the project leads. Meeting with Stephanie Ryan (Coaching Studio) on Friday to review the agenda for the retreat, and a pre-call with participants is set up for April 15th.
Leadership Development - In advance of the leadership development day on April 24th with executives and directors (facilitated by Stephanie Ryan), discussed ideas for evolving the monthly leadership calls. This will be one of the topics the entire team will be co-designing on the 24th.
- Director of Operations
- VP, Leadership
- Currently interviewing for US Campaigner and Contracts Manager roles.