- Welcome to C2
- Convergence milestones: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-convergence-landing
- Status: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/counts.html
- Made some progress, due to many blockers being fixed, extra triage, re-triage
- Test your patches!
- Daily Smoketests: Take a minute daily, and take bugs related to your work. Bugs identified by the smoketest keyword. Drivers going to triage this list daily. RESULTS: http://j.mp/V4jqhv
- Dashboard updates:
- Burndown: http://people.mozilla.org/~lmandel/basecamp/
- Long-poles: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/
- Blocker owners/fixes: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/blockers.html
- Unit tests and code review: Unit tests are required for landings. Code reviewers, you should deny r+ for patches without tests!
- Documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Gaia_Unit_Tests (with included script to easily launch tests with FF nightly on Mac and Linux)
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Weekly B2G project-wide summary now updated at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-status
- Gaia bug triage is now daily: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-triage-plan The meeting takes place in the B2G Vidyo room http://j.mp/K03h7e. Notes and bug searches are at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-triage.
- Daily smoketest results for this week: http://bit.ly/MJjDYA
- Join the Mozilla community directory! Not much B2G representation there yet: https://mozillians.org/en-US/search?q=b2g
- Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
- For market / competitive questions reach out to Irina (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Grace (email@example.com)
- (tchung) All bug queries for the project are now consolidated at https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage. Add other queries that would be useful to share.
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Hacking has been updated, please help improve it to help new contributors
Note - New Gaia bugzilla components created for each app/area, help migrate bugs into those respective components.
Blockers are trending down! Thanks Devs for fixing stuff! as a result: 12-3 build has been one of the stabilist to date
Moving to a "beta" channel soon, reflashing dogfooders, fresh start
Contract QA Team still working through test areas (running test passes, reviewing testcaes); following areas are still pending:
Utility Tray, Keyboard and Text handling, First Time Experience, Sound, SIM Lpck, System Bluetooth, Wrapper, Dialer, Contacts, Cost Control, Facebook, SMS, Keyboard. Task breakdown here: http://bit.ly/U4qoCh
Plan - clean up all our first pass of failed/invalid tests, and will respin a brand new testrun to go through a 1st pass
Working hard to close QA Wanted: http://bit.ly/SDW05y - currently 21 bugs affected
ontract QA team started last week, began executing Functional testruns
Pass: 778, Fail: 158, Invalid: 175
This first pass is giving us tons of feedback on testcases that need fixing (outdated steps, need to move to v2)
Smoketest blockers, still shows 16 open
11-26 smoketests issues:
[NEW] [CALL LOG] Outgoing calls are not appearing in call log - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=815063
[NEW] [BLUETOOTH] Receive images from another device is not working - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=815079
[NEW] [sms] Compose/share activities are unable to return to calling app once message is sent - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=815093
[EXISTING] [sms] No sound is played when receiving a text message with vibration and sound enabled - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=811087
[EXISTING] [camera] Appears a lot of vertical lines on the screen after you take a photo. - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=812208
[EXISTING] Videos are recorded at 90deg - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=812924
[EXISTING] [Apps] Unable to install packaged apps when running OOP - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=813468
[EXISTING] [Contact] Crash after importing around 445 contacts from Facebook - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=813446
[EXISTING] Bug 815274 - [SMS] - Can't open the SMS application from a newly arrived SMS message in the notification panel
Gaia Automation work: 10 tests passed against webQA jenkins server. working on a plan to supplement the automated testruns as part of our daily manual smoketest
A few blockers in progressing more testcases
busted packaged apps
3rd party app work still being discussed
Sound testcases late
- Welcome Jamie!
- UX Branch
- Doing weekly pull requests
- Gordon is in Madrid this week
- Sam is working from Paris
- Sergi and Arnau contributing for TEF
- Interaction design:
- Triaging "interaction" bugs.
- Assigning P1-5
- UX team filing and editing bugs as follows, as we review:
- Description of bug only. No need to also duplication whiteboard and keywords.
- visual design
- ...are not mutually exclusive
- Visual design:
- Triaging "visual design" bugs
- Fixing bugs hands on
- Peter triaging and nominating
- Submitting tweaks for small number of remaining areas
Late feature work:
- Email (Andrew Sutherland, Jim Porter, Steve Chung, Dominic Kuo)
- data eviction bug back on asuth's plate, should land with tests by friday: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=799828
- SMS App (Borja, Fernando Campo, Steve Chung) -
- We need to get all changes in Gecko for accomplish our performance goal. - List of blockers needed to be fixed in Gecko: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=774621 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=811538 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=813621 Summary of all bugs: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=806592
- Bluetooth file transfer (Ian Liu)
- Send and receive should both work now. (updated by Dominic XD)
- Facebook integration (Jose Manuel & Cristian) - fine tuning implementation, test cases defined and testing started, currently changing some UX flows and adding building blocks (except lists as it is being changed).
- Bug about changes in UX flows - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=796604 (it will be the one for pull request when finished)
- System notification: not connected to the network (MichalN) - needs bug #?
- ADU reporting (GPS) - implementing Firefox Health Report - core code landed disabled, waiting on privacy/security sign-off
- Cell Broadcast (Vicamo) - landed last night!
- Cost Control (Salva, Fernando Campo)
- Pending platform bugs: - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=816416 (SMS) - nomintated to be bb+ - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=816110 (phone calls) - already bb+ - Moved to OOP but other bugs arose: - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=813243 Widget loads eagerly but it is solved - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=810453 Backgrounds iframe are kept in `foreground` because they need to be awake so... - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=813262 ...SMS and CC applications are kept in foreground and OOM killer could not reclaim their memory under memory pressure (as Cjones points out) - Options seems to be (not mutually excluyent and probably compatible): - Solve bug #810453 - Move to Alarm API to close the CC service as soons as it is not needed and let system message to awake the application again - Get some backend support: - Data usage alerts - Inform about non-free actions: credit, SMS...
- System message issues (Salva, Borja) - system message handlers appear on card view and prevent the user to open the application because the window manager thinks the app is already opened.
- Bug #?
- App Install (benfrancis, francisco, julienw, ferjm)
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=802574 Feature complete! Still some bugs and edge cases to iron out.
ADD YOUR STUFF HERE!