There are still a number of issues to be worked on before it can be called a useful mailer. Grendel is usable right now, though some necessary features haven't been implemented yet.
Please see the Development Document for more details.
- Move to XUL instead of Grendel-specific XML format. (Bug 293079)
Build system moved to Ant (Bug 292916)
- Resources contained in resources-specific directory instead of flying all over the place.
Nightly builds in 2 steps max (part of ant changes in Bug 292916)
- State Keeping (.newsrc file)
- Improved news server compatibility
- Posting capability
- Downloading POP mail to local store
- Statekeeping for "leave mail on server" user pref
- Caching for remotely viewed POP mail
- Drag & Drop conversion from builtin grendel.dnd to Java 2 java.awt.dnd, or vast improvements in the builtin grendel.dnd code.
HTML Message Viewing
- Lots of issues. Lots more to be done.
- Requires additional formating
- HTML Messages nead to be cleaned prior to being displayed
Stuff not yet implemented
- Message Search
- Message Filters
Addressbook also needs improvements.