L10n:Meetings/2016 Ljubljana hackathon
Ljubljana, the beautiful capital of Slovenia, will host l10n hackaton.
Localisation Hackathon is for the Balkan region and some other countries. Our selected volunteers will face two days of hard work and learning. Their goal is to localize as much as possible, work with other team members, they can not see every day and also meet fellows from other communities. After hard work there will be one evening of pure fun and one afternoon of sight seeing. We will visit some hidden spots in beautiful Emona. Oh, Ljubljana :)
- Venue and Lodging
- Hostel Celica, Metelkova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana
- 9 - 10 July
- Weather forecast
- Arriving to Hostel Celica
- From the Airport: A shuttle will pick you up and bring you straight to Celica. We'll add more information on how to find the right shuttle soon.
- From the Central Train station: It's a walking distance (route).
- Check-in / Check-out
- Check-in is from 15:00. If you arrive earlier, you can leave your luggage at Celica.
- Check-out is till 11:00.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Breakfast will be served at Celica on Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 7:30 until 10:30, but please keep in mind that our sessions start at 9:00.
- Lunch will be served on Saturday and Sunday at Celica. For those who arrive early on Friday or leave late on Monday, it's also available until 16:00. Subscribe on the etherpad (below).
- Dinner on Friday will be served at Gujzina, on Saturday at Celica and on Sunday at Vodnikov hram. Please place your orders for the Sunday dinner on the etherpad.
- Security deposit
- There is a mandatory 10 EUR deposit, which will be covered by Mozilla. But please, do NOT forget to return all bed sheets and towels on Check-out.
- Transportation while in Ljubljana
- Everything is in walking distance (max 15 min).
- Free Wi-Fi in Ljubljana
- There is a free WiFi at Celica. Elsewhere in Ljubljana you can use the WiFreeLjubljana network free of charge for 60 minutes a day. Sign into Telegram in case you need something urgent. If you come from EU, Euro roaming should be pretty cheap (outgoing call - 0.05 EUR, SMS - 0.02 EUR, 1 MB of data - 0.05 EUR)
- If you are looking fore more info, feel free to reach out to Gašper or Matjaž.
We have defined general goals for all teams:
- Get up to speed with the l10n goals for this year
- Get informed with the updated l10n mission statement
- Have the initial version of the style guide ready
On top of that, teams will define their own goals for the event:
- Review existing suggestions in Firefox.✓ 
- Translate all missing strings in Firefox for Android.✓
- Translate untranslated strings in Firefox.✓ (~1000 words localized in Firefox Aurora)
- Train the localizers "online". ✓ (Fixed issue in L10n Web Dashboard-hy-AM, Filled bug "Improve visibility of localized builds on mozilla.org" , thx Flod.
- Complete Firefox Aurora translation [DONE]
- Review differences between Firefox Aurora and web pages
- Review differences between Firefox Aurora and Thunderbird
- Review all suggestions of Firefox Aurora [~25% Done (~700 strings)] and Thunderbird Aurora [Done (~500 strings)] on Pontoon
- Translate as many untranslated strings as possible of Firefox [few untranslated strings were localized][localizers back in Greece added ~500 strings suggestions on Pontoon].
- Finish remaining Firefox Aurora strings in devtools [DONE]
- Review and close known bugs on bmo [DONE] and openscope [DONE]
- Document better what we do on L10n:Teams:hu
- Start working a bit on MDN content: start at the about page maybe continue with web technologies reference page
- Translate all critical files with expired deadlines on our Web Localization Dashboard 
- Discuss about the state of the community
- Translate and update Top 10 SUMO articles. partially done (5/10), rest will follow soon™
- Review existing suggestions in all platforms and identify new contributors. ✓
- Write a style guide and contributor's guide for L10n. ✓
- Look at usage metrics for the translated bits of Mozilla products, where the big impact is. no available time
- Have a discussion on the utility of Dev Tools translations (some locales need it, some don't). ✓ devtools will be removed
- Look at translation metrics and data mining which could help other locales too. no available time to complete
- Discoverability of new contributors is still a problem, we lack the proper channels to guide people. The tools -- Pontoon, Pootle -- could help us potentially. ✓ discussion completed, Pontoon will include features to help us in that regard
- Have a more detailed discussion on MQM and what of it is actually applicable to our processes. MQM is a concept introduced to us by Jeff. ✓
- Translate Top 50 Android SUMO articles ✓
- Translate all missing strings on Pontoon. ✓
- Create initial draft of the style guide, based on a template. ✓
- Translate any untranslated strings. ✓
Friday 8 July
Arrival to Hostel
16:00 Registration 20:00 Dinner
Saturday 9 July
8:00 - 9:00 Breakfast 9:00 - 10:30 Joint session Welcome and introductions Icebreaker L10n updates from London L10n drivers team L10n mission statement update 10:30 - 13:00 Working in groups L10n updates from each team 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch at the venue 14:00 - 18:30 Working in groups Working on style guides 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner at the venue 19:30 - 20:00 Traveling to Adventure 20:00 - 22:00 The Unforgettable Adventure
Sunday 10 July
8:00 - 9:00 Breakfast 9:00 - 12:00 Joint session Sharing experience among teams 12:00 - 13:00 Working in groups as defined in team specific agenda 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch at Venue 14:00 - 18:00 Working in groups as defined in team specific agenda 17:30 - 18:00 Joint session L10n hackathon survey: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2607845/6a540ca0c4ca Wrap up 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner at Vodnikov hram
Communication and Contact
Like all Mozilla events, we make heavy use of Telegram. If you are looking for questions to be answered, keep in touch with everyone and keep in the know then follow the link below.
Telegram group: [Join!]
In case of emergency or any major issue please contact main organizers:
- Matjaž Horvat: +386 31 867 987
- Gašper Deržanič: +386 41 669 002
- Hashtag for event: #mozl10nljubljana
- Reps event
- Mozilla l10n home page
- Web Localization Dashboard
- Pontoon translation tool
- Pootle translation tool
- Mozilla l10n mailing list (please subscribe)
- @mozilla_l10n Twitter account
- Francesco Lodolo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/flod/albums/72157670860730495
- Nino Vranešič: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ninovranesic/albums/72157668046586664
- Blog posts
- Mozilla Macedonia: http://mozilla.mk/2016/07/13/mozilla-l10n-ljubljana-mozl10nljubljana-9-10-july-2016/
- Mozilla L10n: https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2016/07/16/localization-hackathon-in-ljubljana/
- Mozilla Slovenia: https://www.mozilla.si/ljubljanski-l10n-hackathon/ (in Slovene)
- Jobava: https://medium.com/@Jobava/the-lion-tamers-of-ljubljana-5a4587739195
- Marko Andrejić: https://facyber.github.io/en/mozilla-l10n-hackaton-ljubljana/
- Nino Vranešič: https://medium.com/mozilla-open-mic/doing-things-in-the-open-mozilla-style-1a8e777acd5e#.3l0pi1f58