News and Talking Points
- Mozilla Festival (mathjazz)
- [stas] I might be taking up the track lead role for B2G at MozCamp, thoughts?
- [stas] Gaia work week in Brazil end of August, should I go?
- connect with Régis Eduardo if possible. find out where he lives and invite to the work week.
Time and location: Monday, 8 AM PST, conf bridge 206 irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back-channel Call-in details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Planning#Meeting_Details Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Planning Attendees: pascalc, stas, pike, jeff, gandalf, chofmann
add [done] to items completed last week; remove previous [done] items
- [done] fix all remaining bugs in pyAST
- [done] figure out options for accomodation/workspace for L10n Drivers work week
- [done] get B2G on my SGS2 installed for press demos
- [done] transportation options for MozCamp from Modlin/Okęcie
- [done] Feedback analysis from russia
- need to release pyAST as a package for pypi
- experimenting with an option to axe 3way diff / source string diff for L20n 1.0 as per Pike's feedback
- vagrant l20n package demo & blog post
- Finish ReMo slides.
- Follow up with ta, ar, and bn-BD teams.
- Follow up on icon and twitter feed discussions
- Send out team page update emails.
- Determine strategy for creating tutorial screencasts (e.g., dynamic/static, tool, audience, content creators, etc.)
- [done] Draft and submit three MozCamp EU proposals.
- [done] Post GSoC interview on blog.
- [done; talking with Lee Tom. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=759497] Discuss branding for Twitter feed with Creative.
- [need help from Pike to hack outreach utility] Outreach for updating team wiki pages.
- [done] Create and publish L10n stock responses wiki page (https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Stock_Responses).
- [done] Continue work with bn-BD and ta teams.
- [done]The baby WILL come this week, come hell or high water!
- [done] Pontoon: talk to Transifex about deleting strings through their API
- [done] Pontoon: announce that we are looking for a pilot project (blog, ReMo, WebFWD)
- [done] Persona: communicated derailed train
- [done] Persona: resolve string and l10n preview issues
- Pontoon: SVN & LDAP bindings
- Pontoon: Update Transvision API call
- Pontoon: Update Bing Translate API call
- Persona: get strings ready for the new train and communicate with localizers
- [done] Affiliates platform - FB app review, testing and website string merges
- [done] Some productization check-ups
- [done] Bedrock hacking
- Final testing of Affiliates FB app this week
- string merge for Affiliates FB app
- Finish up news item translation
- Productization bugs double-check
- LSV update
- [done] Facebook app campaign during Olympic games launched (9 locales)
- [done] Relaunched Transvision tool at transvision.mozfr.org and started hacking on it for small improvements
- [done] several meetings around bedrock bugs blocking l10n and who can work on them in webdev
- [done] Various updates to existing page
- Get emails in contribute page working for Portuguese
- Start porting firefox/new from PHP to bedrock
- Update transvision for small bug fixes (/ex remove Occitan, add new locales)
- [done] some work on elmo
- [done] sign-off reviews
- [done] Fennec 14 native PM
- [done] Fennec 15/16/17 planning meeting.
- Erin to get string freeze for 16 next
- expose progress towards that in public
- worked on beta uplift for Acholi, [done] blocked by IT bug 777692
- [done] also blocking other new locales
- wrap up some elmo patches (releng shipping flow)
- l10n qa for fennec (meeting on Friday)
- [done] submitted a MozCamp session proposal
- [done] Gaia work week:
- schedule changes, see my blog and m.d.l10n
- a lot of meetings with releng and relmgmt
- b2g will ship off of gecko 17
- langpacks likely not feasible in v1
- B2G: meeting with releng this week to finalize Gaia l10n/build
- Pike: up for going to SF on Friday to talk to joduinn? Nope, fennec QA meeting conflicts OK, I'll let joduinn know
- talk to Peter Scanlon about B2G branding and other engagement activities