From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous meetingindexnext week » create?

News and Talking Points


   Time and location: Monday, 8 AM PST, conf bridge 206 
   irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back-channel 
   Call-in details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Planning#Meeting_Details
   Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Planning

Action Items

put holiday dates here:

pascal aug 20-sept 4 milos? - probably sept 11-20, but still need to confirm. matjaz: sept 14-17 jeff - back to full time on last week in aug stas in brazil end of aug axel time off next week chofmann tues and next monday gandalf aug 24 poland: Aug 15 - public holiday


add [done] to items completed last week; remove previous [done] items




  • [done] reorganized l20n github account with stas (http://github.com/l20n/)
  • [done] Plenty of fixes for python parser:
   - VariableExpressions used in Macro idlists
   - dump_lol tool to dump AST tree to JSON
  • [done] Plenty of work in JS bindings:
   - support for AST preprocessing (import support for LOL)
   - plug in stas's compiler into bindings
   - support for globals
   - support for local entities/attributes
  • [done] JS parser, port of python parser
  • [done] Performance tests on full parser->processor->compiler->bindings loop
  • updating pyast templating schema to allow AST inline editing and serialization (last 1.0 blocker)
  • release pyjs (blocked by pyast 1.0 release)


  • [done] Finish draft of l10n slides for ReMo.
  • [close to done] Edit L10n on Mercurial tutorial.
  • [researching/planning] Draft "Interpreting dashboards" doc on MDN.
  • [done] Follow up on conversation about Get Involved inquiries with pt-BR, ES, Boswell, and Rosana.
  • [done] Push discussion about L10n sessions in Grow Mozilla sprint.
  • [done] Create L10n:Communication page.
  • [done] Update L10n:Stock_Responses to reference L10n:Contribute
  • [done] Lot of time spent with mak (bn-BD) and Gauthamraj (ta) on cleaning up their Narro exports.
  • [will add to agenda for sept] Prepare June survey feedback to team.
  • [done] Re-drafted L10n:Contribute.
  • [done] Make adjustments to WikiMo L10n flow & home page based on recent feedback.
  • [done] Continued discussion on consolidation l10n talks for Grow Mozilla track.

Next week

  • Review all l10n pages in MDN and correct their page/paragraph/character formats.


  • [done] Pontoon: continue SVN & LDAP bindings
  • [done] Pontoon: Merge django hook
  • Persona: get strings ready for the new train and communicate with localizers
  • Pontoon: Admin interface
  • Pontoon: document how to make a website localizable with Pontoon


[done] Productization for all locales update - no pending questions in bugzilla [done] * Final testing of Affiliates FB app this week

    • string merge for Affiliates FB app
    • [done] Finish up news item translation
  • LSV update
  • Bedrock hacking


  • [done] Transvision 1.2, second update to the tool
  • [done] Reviewed localization of OneMozilla blog theme source code
  • [done] Newsletter center and forms on mozilla.org in Russian and Indonesian working, waiting for activation of database settings on production
  • [done] Create a contribute branch on github (because webdev team still hasn't done it) and port all the changesets needed to get that branch working
  • [done] started working with new French localizer Sam (from Friedmann) and Guillemette, a new volunteer
  • Work on Transvision 1.3 (I try to have weekly minor releases over the summer and potentially fix regressions the week after instead of big releases)
  • Get apps/partners page on production for Spanish and Portuguese by the end of the week with a workaround for the unisubs problems our webdev can't fix
  • Get the database API settings changes needed for new newsletters fixed so as that I can push Russian and Indonesian live
  • Wednesday is bank holiday in France, I will probably take Thursday and Friday off as I have a lot of PTO to use


  • Fennec 16
    • Erin to get string freeze for 16 next
    • expose progress towards that in public
  • beta uplift for Acholi
  • wrap up some elmo patches (releng shipping flow)
  • l10n qa for fennec, follow up actions: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/qa-l10n-meeting
  • Aisle
    • still not sure how c9 works wrt extensions
    • [done] worked out ontology with stas, introduced Goals and Requirements
  • [done] Fennec shipping discussion with Asa, mfinkle, blassey, Karen, chofmann
    • evaluate shipping all-android-locales build with just native and browser strings
      • [done] prototype build up, just 1M larger than plain en-US build
      • loads of technical details TBD
    • if this works, we'll need to talk about those locales not on android
  • [done] loads discussions about shipping b2g/gaia. Updates, repos, dashboards
  • [done] loads discussions about localizing apps
  • [done] some l20n discussions with stas and gandalf
  • [done] elmo workday with peterbe


  • [done] good duscussions with releng about b2g
  • [done] tons of work on the js l20n compiler
    • it supports all of the current AST elements
    • I added ~200 tests, more coming
  • [done] created a better repo layout in github.com/l20n together with gandalf
    • worked out branch mechanics with gandalf to make collaboration easier