- Time and location: Wednesday, 8 AM PST, conf bridge 206
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back-channel
« previous meeting — index – next week » create?
Previous Action Items
- Attendees: Peiying, Pike, Pascal, Chris, stas
- Put your talking points here.
- state of mozilla
- propose a shortened version for l10n
- State of Mozilla 2012 coming as a series of videos, that will make l10n nearly impossible unless we have somebody spending a major time investment in localizing this on Amara this quarter
- New set of Firefox pages coming to replace old ones
- Specific Whatsnew page for Polish for Firefox 25 promoting Firefox OS, same for hungarian with firefox 26
- pt-BR team caught up with the 200 strings they were behind
- a bit more content translated on Locamotion this week
- page indicator proposing to switch to a localized version of an English page if it exists coming soon (courtesy of Kohei Yoshino)
- 44 locales have the home page (and most of the key pages) translated, that's close to 94% coverage of our user base
- Masterfirefoxos.com: implementation of feedback from de, hu, el, sr by an agency; internal video production with audio dubbing; merging of videos with web for final l10n review.
- Coordinate bug 918464 fix that involves many locales
- Continue monitoring l10n status of 1.1 locales
- Start discussion on Langpac impact on Marketplace
- localization run for 1.2 started Monday. Next round on 11/4
- 3 contributors on board for l10n testing of Firefox OS
- Phones sent out to localizers for localization and testing purposes
- Update of the b2g Planning wiki (ongoing)
Other engagement projects
- one new engagement project coming with a deadline of November 2 for the first part, November 12 for the secon part, the content is not written, the scope is fuzzy.
- CTA buttons in key 1.1 locales: l10n and review; to be done in a week or so
- Two videos on dynamic phone: text l10n and subtitling in 3 locales; localization complete; to review the assembled videos when completed; deadline unclear.
Tools / L20n
- added an experimental Gaia view to Transvision to show inconsistencies across repositories http://transvision-beta.mozfr.org/gaia/