< MDN | Projects | Development
Mobile MDN experience
The content of this page is a work in progress intended for review.
Please help improve the draft!
Ask questions or make suggestions in the discussion
or add your suggestions directly to this page.
This project has been proposed by Jean-Yves Perrier (teoli) and Eric Shepherd (sheppy).
The overall goal of this project is simple: make the mobile experience on MDN amazing.
- Test MDN on various mobile devices
- Multiple operating systems:
- Firefox OS
- Take note of problems
- Fix the user experience
- I want to read MDN on my phone while on the train to work
- I use my tablet as a reference manual while working on my desktop
- I want to read MDN without Internet access
- This ties into the offline experience project.
- Maybe just subsets of MDN I've previously selected?
- I'm an MDN contributor and see a problem with a page that needs fixing right away, and all I have is my phone or tablet
- I want to do a little writing and all I have is my tablet (possibly with an external keyboard)
- I don't want to have to keep zooming my interface in order to be able to tap on buttons and links