- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-07-21
Topics for This Week
- Fx33 Cycle Checkin
- Mailing list post to come looking at how well we are doing in this cycle
- SPDY proxy renamed
- It is now known as Janus (the Roman god of time, space and safe passage)
- Tablet Work
- Getting the Larch branch ready for the work.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Franz Sarmiento fixed bug 925986 – Code cleanup - Misc unused var declared in aboutReader method _toggleToolbarVisibility() – and bug 1028728 – Update findListViewWithTag consumers to use strings from HomePager
- Shashank VRSN Sabniveesu fixed bug 1026010 – Rename GeckoApp.ACTION_BOOKMARK to something more intuitive – and bug 949902 – Command to go up a level in bookmark view is mislabeled
- Matthew fixed bug 1028815 – "7 days ago" label in History panel is confusing
- Working with vivekb on tickets related to Remote Tabs and cleaning Sync tabs/clients DBs
- Reviewing patches in progress from capella on Remote Tabs
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Renamed 'Gonzales' to 'Janus', https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Janus
- Profiled startup performance, found a lot of places for improvement. Bugs will be filed soon-ish.
- bug 1020227 - Deadlock in opensl_stream_destroy
- bug 1024614 - Send NS_NETWORK_LINK_DATA_CHANGED events on Android
- bug 1032460 - Fix JNI pointers to use longs
- Misc. Janus patches/reviews, etc
Alan K. (ack)
- PTO Monday & Tuesday
- Fixes for cloudsync refactoring regressions
- Ad-hoc networking running on Flame
- Query & livemark support
- Add some cloudsync tests
- Worked on native stack for background hangs
- ATM putting patches up for review
- Last week:
- WebRTC Tab sharing fix
- WebRTC Tests extended bug 1018928 but pretty orange
- Almost all WebRTC tests are disabled on Android 2.3 emulator
- Screen sharing support for WebRTC
- Next week:
- Screen sharing support for WebRTC
- Last Week: Rebased Roku build system and merge with standalone WebRTC branch. Continued work trying to stream tab from fennec.
- This Week: Resolve issues with tab streaming from fennec. Get WebRTC standalone in shape for landing.
- Proxy (formerly known as Gonzales) (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Janus)
- Graphite + StatsD are working together
- Fixed text-encoding
Present & Future
- Cache improvements
Last week: Nearly done adding testing in Gonzales/Janus
Next week: Improving testing in Janus
Martin McDonough (mmcdonough)
- Last Week: Got H264 video decoding and displaying on Android using native API with some graphical issues
- This week: Fix stuttering/graphical errors in H264 video.
- Moed to MTV office this week!
- bug 901803 - Integrate chromecast support into Firefox. Landed (disabled)! Still pushing rel-eng to get things we need on build machines.
- Looking into an add-on for desktop to support casting.
- bug 1004715 - Home screen widgets. Mostly working. Splitting into two widgets, one for launching Fennec/Search activity, one for hub stuff.
- bug 1014712 - use msapplication-TileImage and msapplication-TileColor to create home page tiles. Still going back and forth with rnewman. Lost my build machine a bit during the move.
- bug 1004495 - Tapping on a download notification doesn't do anything (if Firefox is in the background). Waiting for brian.
- bug 989094 - Webrtc permissions prompt should remember your last choice. Patch up for finkle.
- Google I/O in SF, PTO on Friday
- Diving into new APIs in Android L
- Fixing TwoWayView in Android L
- Initial tablet refresh discussion
- bug 1010740 - Toolbar refinement - Change entry asset and tweak padding
- bug 1029046 - Disable recent tabs panel in migration if all panels are disabled
- bug 1030141 - crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException: Default panel in HomeConfig state is undefined at org.mozilla.gecko.home.HomeConfig$Editor.initFromState(HomeConfig.java)
- bug 1031363 - crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.home.TabMenuStripLayout.onPageSelected(TabMenuStripLayout.java)
- bug 1028710 - Flickering of views during transition on opening a New Private Tab when tab drawer open and on tab drawer open/close animation
- bug 1032756 - Look for zipalign in Android's build tools directory
- Patch reviews
- Suggested sites in distributions
- Toolbar stuff
- Tabs panel follow-ups (bug 1028705, bug 1023270, +others)
- Working on new mocks for swipeable home panels
- More telemetry, reviews
- PTO Monday
- 1030736 - Don't include ignored about:home tabs in count to determine whether or not to show "Open all" button
- Landed 1030277 - Create content provider for search terms
- WIP 1022102 - Clean up the actionbar layout and styling
- Work on search activity so we can enable for nightly
- Fix major issues from Try build.
- Enable in Nightly with Nick.
- Implement UI/UX minimum design: http://cl.ly/image/3r0d2e1i3W2W
- bug 1029989 - Rename private_tabs_panel_description to reflect new string content
- bug 998000 - Create BrowserApp.cancelEditingMode for consistency with BrowserApp.enter/commitEditingMode
- [meta] bug 979921 - Android 2.3 test failures
- bug 948591 - Intermittent testClearPrivateData | Exception caught - junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Text string: '^Settings$' is not found!
- bug 979552 - Frequent Android 2.3 testAddSearchEngine, testBookmarkFolders, testImportFromAndroid, testSettingsMenuItems, testTitleBar | Automation Error: Missing end of test marker (process crashed?)
- bug 979600 / bug 946957 - Android 2.3 testSessionOOMRestore | Page title is correct - got page3, expected page4
- bug 1021356 - Refine visuals in empty private tabs screen
- bug 1024778 - Do not use onFinishInflate in RemoteTabs*Panel
- bug 1025546 - Support various image views in Hub panels
- bug 1020534 - Tablet toolbar icons hard to read on dark lightweight themes
- bug 1030363 - Create Sound.jsm for Android
- bug 1030715 - The orange animation bar gets stuck when the pull to refresh action is performed slowly
- Too busy with other things:
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- In SF.
- Kicking off overlay project with ckitching.
- Distrodistros: CDN is live, patch is reviewed, docs are written; getting close to landing. (Follow-ups expected.)
- Locale testing: doing a couple of builds with new locales (52!) for Jeff.
- New Android SDK/build-tools work fine, only zipalign needs to be symlinked.
- Wrestling endlessly with Eclipse: needs to add the Play Services projects to make the ChromeCast stuff build, and now Fennec crashes on launch. Sadface.
- Debugged an exciting client record bug with Nick: bug 1032483. If you have duplicated devices in Send Tab or Synced Tabs, this is why.
- The usual miscellaneous reviews and patches.
... Has returned.
- bug 1032615 - Fixed support for building on zsh.
- bug 1024289 - Cleanup of the "combined" database view to improve performance (and slightly reduce the vastness of the crazy in BrowserDatabaseHelper.java)
- bug 948509 (and related) - Starting rnewman's fancy overlay project. Basic idea being to use an overlay to allow for more convenient handling of share intents without users having to perform a complete activity switch and lose their train of thought. Later work hopes to do something similar for handling ordinary link-open intents. Input from UX-esque people appreciated (hopefully Richard can help to flesh out any missing details).
- First version landed, build time preffed off: bug 1021864
- Testers needed for the try build at http://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Try&rev=0e7c32073cde
Custom sync servers
- Working on dev-docs and blog-post for Android custom sync servers
- Duplicate client records likely came from bug 1032483
- Looking into a problem with homescreen shortcut launching bug 1032217
- bug 1025931 - Crash java.lang.NullPointerException in in org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoAppShell.getContext
- bug 1030738 - NullPointerException when getting action bar
- bug 1030743 - NullPointerExceptions in GeckoPreferences
- bug 1033013 - testMasterPassword
- tab streaming to chromecast
- I'll be in MV next week
- UI Telemetry
- Playing with Sonicnet.js in Firefox
- GeckoView work
- Extra long weekend, today is my Monday
- Admin/Manager stuff
- Launcher/Lockscreen research findings coming soon
- In SF the week after next!
- Last week
- Wrapping up "Contextual hints" bugs
- Seach UX specs
- Watching Google I/O videos on Material design/ other stuff
- Next up
- Search activity
- Toolbar refinements with Lucas
- Sync panels design (for Tablet and Mobile)
- Panels UX review (for Tablet and Mobile)
- Bugs follow up
- week was chock full of conferences, travel, and other OOO
- mhaigh found ChromeWorker/js-ctypes/JNI crasher bug 1032936
- bug 960584 notify user of download progress indication when fetching APK - patch needs updating
- bug 1024724 Can't install app if Fennec is in Italian - blocked on building multi-locale Fennec
- bug 1021395 Web app machinery dumps lots of semi-sensitive data to logcat - blocked on bug 1032936
- bug 1026263 Error writing default prefs during packaged web app installation - under investigation
- bug 1029691 Manifest not being checked on APK installation - work in progress received feedback
- All test jobs running for Android 2.3 and Android 2.3 armv6 now
- mochitests, robocop, xpcshell tests moved to aws
- Tegra retirement is imminent
- have stumbler building in Fennec. Need to clean up
- Meta-bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1032506
- Been on Dolphin (B2G 1.4) for the past week, still on Dolphin today/tomorrow. Need to be on stumbler the following 2 weeks, or it won't make 33.
Last call for Meta Bugs for items below! Some have been added to the roadmap that folks sent to me last week. I'll be doing a blitz tomorrow for those that are still blank.
Firefox 31 (Beta) - Release: Jul 22, 2014
- [ON TRACK] Ability to re-order existing panels in about:home, not via drag and drop (see My List: Manage current lists in settings), bug 959917
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Hub v2 (currently planned feature complete), Epic/Meta bug 1014030
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare Contexts, Epic/Meta bug 1014035
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare: Settable default service for quickshare buttons, Epic/Meta bug 1014037
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare: Collect aggregate usage data, Epic/Meta bug 1014038
- [ON TRACK] UX Telemetry, Epic/Meta bug 1014044
- [ON TRACK] Added locale(s): Hindi(hi), Gujarati (gu), Bengali (bn), Punjabi (pn), Maithili (mai), Marathi (mr), Malayalam (ml), Assamese (as), Oriya (or), Tamil (ta), Telugu (te), Kannada (kn)
- [ON TRACK] EOL official Android 2.2 Support bug 1017242
Firefox 32 (Aurora) - Release: Sep 2, 2014
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Hub v3 (bugfixes & polish + more add-ons), Epic/Meta bug 1014032
- [ON TRACK] Suggested sites v1, Epic/Meta bug 988366 Note - Linked wiki page doesn't exist. Is there another?
- [ON TRACK] Contextual tips for users
- [ON TRACK] UI lang switching
- [ON TRACK] Synced tabs page as entry point into Firefox Accounts & Sync (bug 958889)
- [ON TRACK] Add a Clear History control to the history panel bug 998009
- [ON TRACK] Android Gamepad backend bug 852935
- [ON TRACK] Support weighed snippets bug 1002567
Firefox 33 (Nightly) - Release: Oct 14, 2014
- [ON TRACK] Videocasting (Roku, Firefly, Chromecast), Epic/Meta bug 921924
- [PROPOSED] Search activity v1
- [ON TRACK] Tab mirroring (Roku)
- [PROPOSED] Form auto-fill improvements
- [ON TRACK] OEM distro service
- [PROPOSED] Suggested sites v2(Distribution support & non-Mozilla suggested sites)
- [PROPOSED] First-run tips
- [ON TRACK] Tabs updates and improvements
- [ON TRACK] Moz Stumbler