Entrance for US Residents
US Citizens do NOT need Visas for visiting Poland for business purposes, however, your passport must have at least one blank page and be valid for six months.
Countries that do NOT Require a VISA to enter Poland
Please see the official list here: http://www.msz.gov.pl/Countries,whose,citizens,are,not,required,to,have,a,visa,when,entering,Poland,2347.html
Please note that these regulations are only good for a stay of 90 days or less.
- EU and EFTA nationals only need a national ID or a passport
Countries that Require a VISA to enter Poland
Please first refer to the Polish government's official website on the topic: http://www.msz.gov.pl/LIST,OF,FOREIGN,CITIZENS,WHO,REQUIRE,VISA,FOR,ENTRY,INTO,POLAND,9101.html
The countries list below are those from which we will anticipate attendees to MozCamp and will need to acquire VISAs:
- South Africa
Countries that Require a VISA (if you do not have a biometric passport)
More information on biometric passports:
"The biometric passport is a passport that includes a special code enabling the authorities to connect with the central database where not only personal data such as name, address, birthdate are stored but also the biometric data, e.g. fingerprints. For instance, in Poland, all passports issued nowdays are biometric passports. An individual applying for the passport needs to provide a sample fingerprint when filing the application for passport and this data is stored in the central database. Every citizen of the country where the biometric passport is required should confirm with the relevant home-country authorities whether his/her passport is a biometric one."
How to Apply for a VISA to Enter Poland
1. Consult the Polish Consulate in your country
To locate the Polish Consulate in your country, please see here: http://bazateleadresowa.poland.gov.pl/?document=21
2. Apply for a Schengen Short-Stay VISA (C) (which is valid for a maximum of 90 days). You will NOT need to apply for a work VISA.
- For more information on a Schengen VISA, please see here: http://www.msz.gov.pl/The,Schengen,Info,12589.html
3. Items to bring with you to the Polish Consulate:
- Your letter of invitation
- Document confirming possession of sufficient funds to cover the cost of entry, stay, and departure
- Copy of your health insurance
PLEASE NOTE: Unless financially unable, each attendee will be responsible for securing their own travel insurance (if needed). If you need help securing travel insurance, please contact email@example.com
4. Please note, the cost of obtaining your VISA should be between EUR 10 and EUR 80
The process to obtain your VISA should take approximately 2 weeks but does vary between countries. We recommend that you apply for your VISA as soon as possible after receiving your invitation
For any other specific questions or difficulties in obtaining your VISA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org