Overview of Session
Title of Session (should also be the title of your Wiki page): Webmaker SIG: Building a Webmaker Special Interest Group within ReMo
Facilitator(s): Michelle Thorne
Are you paid or volunteer staff?: paid staff
Area of Contribution (Team Name): Mozilla Foundation, events
How are you currently involved with the community?: Leading event campaigns such as Mozilla Summer Code Party and producing annual Mozilla Festival
Location of Work (where do you reside?): Berlin / Barcelona
Talk Length (please choose between 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes): 60 minutes
- After a positive reception at ReMo Camp 2012 in Berlin, we would like to iterate on a Webmaker SIG.
- Review existing SIGs
- Work in small groups to decide on scope, goals, and initial framework for the Webmaker SIG. This session looks to the experience of Mozilla Reps and hopes they are interested in stepping into leadership roles in shaping the SIG.
How your session furthers the MozCamp Goals (https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCampEU2012/Tracks):
- ReMo SIGs are very effective programs that improve contributor skills and grow a dedicated community. Important focus areas of SIGs include: mentorship, leadership positions, repositories of tools and best practices, and even budgets and swag access.
- Hundreds of events and Webmaker activities were organized by Mozilla Reps in the last few months. How can Mozilla better support and improve these efforts, especially towards better documentation, systematic support, and leadership opportunities.
Expected Outcome or Deliverable:
- Initial framework for a Webmaker SIG published on the ReMo wiki.
- Next steps to vet the framework with larger community.
- Documented case studies of successful ReMo + Webmaker activities.
Desired Audience Type or Skill-set:
- Mozilla Reps interested in Webmaker activities
- Other Mozillians interested in Webmaker activities but not yet involved in Reps.
Equipment Needs (Video projector already included):
- Live transmission of Audio & Video via Air Mozilla.
- A "teleconference device" (you know those little gadgets that make for great audio quality on teleconferences).
- Due to travel planned on Sunday, the facilitator kindly requests being scheduled on Saturday, Sept. 8
- Due to potential remote participation from North America, it would be great to schedule this session for the afternoon on Saturday
To Be Completed by the Audience
(If you would like) Submit a Question for the Speaker(s) or indicate what information you hope to gain by attending this talk here:
Place your name here if you would like to attend this talk: