Websites/Mozilla.org/Archive/Contribute/Group/3 22 12
< Websites | Mozilla.org | Archive | Contribute | Group(Redirected from Mozilla.org/Contribute/Group/3 22 12)
- Meeting time: Thursday, March 22 at 10 AM Pacific (times around the world)
- Audio: 1-800-707-2533, pin: 369, conf: 634
- Room: ORLY in Mountain View 3rd floor (note this is a room change from earlier meetings)
- Back channel: irc://irc.mozilla.org#mozillians
- Brownbag on Monday, March 26 at 2 pacific on Air Mozilla: Bringing in volunteers to achieve your crazy and ambitious goals
- Steward satisfaction survey: please fill out to help us make the services Contributor Engagement offers more useful for you
- Mitchell's closing keynote video from MozCamp in Berlin has great information about community building
- Contributor Audit (data in review, next steps)
- Community building action plan update:
- Plans started for Accessibility, Coding, Support, QA, Webdev, Marketing
- If you'd like help getting a plan started for your team, David is happy to help
- Possible confusion with Contribute Group term. Does it make sense to rename this general meeting? Proposed name: 'Grow Mozilla meeting' to fit with Grow Mozilla strategic goal
- Dashboards discussion
- Experimenting with conversion tracking on Get Involved dashboard
- For example, % of people interested in contributing to Support who made a contribution (match support inquiry from the Get Involved form with SUMO forum activity)
- Would it be helpful to know this information for your team?
- What would a conversion look like for your team?
- Governance threads
- Are there any community building take-aways from recent governance discussions?
- Recruiting volunteers at events (standing item)
- MozCamp Latin America (April 20-22)
- Proposed "Mozilla Day" recruitment day in Minneapolis (cf: @glind). Leave-behinds, schwag, other help and ideas welcome.
Other items if there's time
- Michelle's experience with support inquiries from Get Involved page
- Report back: Creating a contributor strategy for MozSpaces
- Report back: Next steps for video footage from Summit
- Report back: Town halls and giving contributors more of a voice
- Report back: Casey on his experience contributing to webdev
- Question: How do you help people who just want to be assigned a task?
- Question: How can we help events be more effective at bringing in contributors?
- Question: How do you balance doing something yourself vs. helping someone do something?
- Question: How can we get contributors involved in our web projects?
- Question: How do you not lose track of people just starting to get involved?
- Question: How do people deal with negative feedback and stop energy?
- Feel free to add more questions or other agenda items...
- All Stewards please fill out satisfaction survey
- Contact David if you are interested in getting conversion tracking going for your functional area
- Marcia to investigate creating a QA event section in QA community building plan that can be used as case study for other teams to use